Spain
Local time: 16:32
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 26, 2017

Hi!

This is the context:
I have several general, product-based projects created in Trados 2017. There I keep adding the translation files as I receive them, which I had previously saved into separate folders in my computer.

So, when adding a new project, my working routine is:
Unzip files into a folder / Open Trados / Open general project / Once inside the project, select "Add folders" / Enter the added folder and prepare the files. So far, so good.... See more
Hi!

This is the context:
I have several general, product-based projects created in Trados 2017. There I keep adding the translation files as I receive them, which I had previously saved into separate folders in my computer.

So, when adding a new project, my working routine is:
Unzip files into a folder / Open Trados / Open general project / Once inside the project, select "Add folders" / Enter the added folder and prepare the files. So far, so good.

This is the problem:
Once the files are prepare, the option "Open for translation" shows inactive. There is no way to open the file.

My workaround:
Always this annoying "solution": Go to "Projects" section / Select any other project but the current one / Enter that "any other project" / Go to "Projects" again / Then select my current project / And now the Open for translation option is active, at last!

Isn't this an absolutely weird behaviour?

This absurd and insane error has been repeating since the beginning of time, already with Trados 2014.

Am I the only one with this bug?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
You should go to the target language folder May 26, 2017

Hi Araceli,

It is not an "absurd and insane error", it happens just because after adding files/folders to your project and preparing them you should go to the target language folder (in the left side of Studio window) while you try opening files for translation while in source language folder.

Araceli Arola
Araceli Arola  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but... May 26, 2017

Thanks Natalie, but I don't see any Target language folder on the left.
It only happens when selecting Adding folders, not when selecting Adding files.

Araceli Arola
Araceli Arola  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok, now I can see it... May 26, 2017

I've been playing around a little more... I hadn't realised about that differentiation.

Thanks for giving me some light about this!

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:32
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Resolved? May 26, 2017

I see this has been resolved?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

option "Open for translation" shows inactive

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »