Losing focus with real-time preview
Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:10
Dutch to English
May 29, 2017

When use real-time preview, I find that it takes several seconds for Studio to focus on the next segment. However, switching off real-time preview doesn't solve this (as if it is still running in the background). I find that the only way to work around this is to close the file (with the preview off) and reopen. Does anyone know a better workaround?

Thanks,

Olly

Pavel Slama
Pavel Slama  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:10
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
Kill Word in task manager May 29, 2017

Hello Olly. I was just making similar comments in another thread – http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/310550-sdl_trados_studio_2017_and_real_time_preview.html – what a coincidence.

A workaround I found is to kill the unneeded instances of Word in the Task Manager.

P.

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:10
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Coincidence May 30, 2017

That is a funny coincidence. Thanks, I'll try your work around.

Olly

Pavel Slama
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
It crashes it too, sometimes Jun 8, 2017

I think SDL are well aware of this, that’s why the silence on their part. They know they have a feature that often even crashes the program (which is what prompted me to come back to this).

Pavel Slama
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados crashing – plug-ins? Jul 15, 2017

Hmm, my Trados now started freezing quite often, even without using the Preview. When I open Task Manager, there is a Word process running using CPU, if I kill it, Trados process starts running using CPU, but both would run indefinitely, and Trados isn’t responsive.

I have a more constructive theory – could it be the MS Word Grammar Checker plugin causing this? Or are some other plugins known to cause instability/freezing?

[Edited at 2017-07-15 15:13 GMT]

Pavel Slama
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
Powepoint PPTX preview – does it ever work? Jul 15, 2017

And one more question re Live Preview: so far every time I tried using it for a Powerpoint, it has never worked on any file I was translating. Again, am I doing something wrong?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Losing focus with real-time preview

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »