Trados 2014 won't open a Word file in 97-2003 or rtf as it "contains changes not accepted"!!??
Thread poster: Sally Winch
Sally Winch
Sally Winch  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:02
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 26, 2017

I have tried opening a Word file in docx format - often a problem - which was impossible as it was 'protected'. The client sent me a second file in 97-2003 format which won't open either - in 97-2003 or rtf, which usually work, as apparently it contains changes that have not been accpeted. I have accepted all (invisible) changes and stopped tracking but the file still won't open. Any ideas? The client swears it is not protected/reviewed or anything and should work!

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
Several things to try Jul 26, 2017

Check out this article. It has some very good tips to try even though it is rather dated. http://www.techrepublic.com/article/what-to-do-when-a-word-document-wont-open/

Claudia Cherici
Claudia Cherici  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
tricks Jul 27, 2017

Have you tried renaming the file, trying another Word version, or copying the text and pasting it into a whole new document?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 won't open a Word file in 97-2003 or rtf as it "contains changes not accepted"!!??

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »