Amazon translation tests
Thread poster: Rosanna Lenci Murcia
ValeriaR_Arg
ValeriaR_Arg
Argentina
Local time: 16:53
English to Spanish
Has anyone received the test lately? Jan 12, 2018

Hi! I was contacted in November or December by Amazon. They wanted to know if I was willing to do the post-editing test (EN-MX), but I still haven´t received it. I really want to work for this company because they have been offering a long-term collaboration.

I wonder if they have finished recruiting post-editors
Does anyone know? Thank you!

[Edited at 2018-01-12 12:32 GMT]

Elena García Fernández
Elena García Fernández  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:53
English to Spanish
It is a long process Jan 17, 2018

Hi, ValeriaSpanish!

Amazon contacted me in November. After one month of waiting, I received the test (EN>ES) in December. Last week, I received an email informing me that I had passed the test. I have sent the NDA and Service Agreement and completed the profile on Payee Central this week. Now, I am waiting for assigments to come. I hope it doesn't take months!

It's a long process, but don't give up hope. Good luck!

For those who passed the test last summer,
... See more
Hi, ValeriaSpanish!

Amazon contacted me in November. After one month of waiting, I received the test (EN>ES) in December. Last week, I received an email informing me that I had passed the test. I have sent the NDA and Service Agreement and completed the profile on Payee Central this week. Now, I am waiting for assigments to come. I hope it doesn't take months!

It's a long process, but don't give up hope. Good luck!

For those who passed the test last summer, has anyone received an assigment?
Collapse

Annabelle Peretti
Annabelle Peretti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:53
Member (2022)
Italian to French
+ ...
Amazon translators: FB Group Jan 30, 2018

Hi all!

As I can see, some of you passed the test but didn't receive any assignment yet. If you have signed the contract anyway, or if you work for Amazon through an agency, please don't hesitate to join the group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/160322881071518/

When you will send your request to join the group, please indicate that you found the li
... See more
Hi all!

As I can see, some of you passed the test but didn't receive any assignment yet. If you have signed the contract anyway, or if you work for Amazon through an agency, please don't hesitate to join the group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/160322881071518/

When you will send your request to join the group, please indicate that you found the link on this thread.

I have created an unofficial group with the aim of gathering Amazon translators together so that we can share our doubts regarding the guidelines, pool information about different ways to translate (regular translation, post-editing, TDT), provide guidance on how to complete invoices, or just share some tips and advice. This group will also provide a forum for open discussion on specific topics. All Amazon translators are welcome to join - let’s create a beautiful new partnership together!
We discuss about the guidelines, the new ATMS platform, solutions to solve specific problems, and we share some funny articles we had to translate.

Please, I am not a recruiter for Amazon, and I cannot provide any information about how to become a translator for Amazon. I got the job through Proz and I know that from time to time, Amazon publishes job offers on the official website and many other platforms dedicated to translators.
Please also provide a proof that you work for Amazon as a translator (a screenshot of an email is enough or anything else, no need to show names, private info, etc.)

We are still few members but we are helping each other and there are many topics about the time we had to wait before receiving our first project.

Thanks in advance and I wish you to receive you first assignment asap!

Annabelle
Collapse

Sedi101
Sedi101
Ghana
Amazon Translation Tests. Feb 7, 2018

Hi

I passed the online test for the DE-FR (German-French) combination, did signed my agreement forms and verified my payee central account. Has anyone worked on such combinations? and how long will it take to get assignments for my language combination?

ValeriaR_Arg
ValeriaR_Arg
Argentina
Local time: 16:53
English to Spanish
Thanks for the replies Feb 8, 2018

Thank you, Elena, I won´t give up (And congratulations!)

Annabelle, the group is a great idea. I will send the request to join once I have passed the test.

[Edited at 2018-02-08 03:45 GMT]

Rosanna Lenci Murcia
Rosanna Lenci Murcia  Identity Verified
Ireland
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great reply Anabelle Feb 8, 2018

Sounds great to have groups of translators for such jobs! It makes work easy and maybe easier to find the glossaries and get replies to specific projects!
I have not heard any answers from my tests yet, but I wish the ones who did best of luck!

Leyna
Leyna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:53
Japanese to English
+ ...
Amazon translation tests Feb 19, 2018

Hello~ I am trying to find the correct contacts for Amazon and Hulu in order to take the language tests for potential subtitling work (English to Japanese), but am totally at loss after searching forever on the Internet. Could any of you kindly give me a leads as to who/where to contact? It seems that work is delayed even if you pass the test, but I have a pocket of time the next few weeks and would love to apply and forget about it for a while...

Thank you!
Leyna*

n_aksu

alexander_du
alexander_du  Identity Verified
Canada
Chinese to English
+ ...
The post-edit job is really time-consuming Feb 24, 2018

Worked with them for a couple of months. The quality of their so called machine translation is hardly to be accepted - which requires you spend more time than directly translating them , but the word conversion rate is only around 60%, like 4k source words, with a word count of 2.3k. Anyway good luck to your guys. Hope my story is only an exception.

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
Agreed Feb 24, 2018

alexander_du wrote:

Worked with them for a couple of months. The quality of their so called machine translation is hardly to be accepted - which requires you spend more time than directly translating them , but the word conversion rate is only around 60%, like 4k source words, with a word count of 2.3k. Anyway good luck to your guys. Hope my story is only an exception.

This is exactly what I found. Their machine translation was a horrible mess. It looked like something that had been badly translated in and out of several different languages, so that the sense was often completely lost. I spent hours looking at manufacturers' websites to find out the actual product specifications, and for less money than a translation job.

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
I have seen KudoZ questions related to Amazon Feb 24, 2018

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

This is exactly what I found. Their machine translation was a horrible mess. It looked like something that had been badly translated in and out of several different languages, so that the sense was often completely lost. I spent hours looking at manufacturers' websites to find out the actual product specifications, and for less money than a translation job.

that were more similar to rebus or puzzles. Now, if you like this kind of pastime, it's really ok, but it has nothing to do with translation.

Sharon James
Sharon James
Australia
Amazon tests Feb 28, 2018

I went through Amazon translation test, then had two phone interviews and finally was called for another translation test and f2f interviews. The whole process of this test was very quick, it took around 1 month or so to get completed and they were very quick to follow up with feedback for each stage to let me know if I was successful or not.

----------
Sharon James
... See more
I went through Amazon translation test, then had two phone interviews and finally was called for another translation test and f2f interviews. The whole process of this test was very quick, it took around 1 month or so to get completed and they were very quick to follow up with feedback for each stage to let me know if I was successful or not.

----------
Sharon James
Professional Medical Translator Online
https://medtrans.com.au/
Collapse

chu lucinda
chu lucinda
Singapore
How's the difficulty of the test Apr 2, 2018

Sharon James wrote:

----------
Sharon James
Professional Medical Translator Online
https://medtrans.com.au/

Hi Sharon,

I just received an email from Amazon HR, says they will send me the translation test in 3-5 working days. May I ask you how's the difficulty of the test? To speak frankly, I am quite nervous...
Thank you in advanced!

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
For occasional post-editing of product reviews and other non-sensitive work? Apr 2, 2018

Sharon James wrote:

Does anyone else think that it's seriously weird to have such a rigorous application procedure for a freelance translator who's only going to be doing post-editing of product reviews and other non-sensitive work - if in fact they ever get assigned anything at all? The above sounds more like an application for a salaried job translating critical information.

Three interviews, including one face to face ???

Lidia Turis
Alexandra Vanhoff

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Me Apr 2, 2018

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Does anyone else think that it's seriously weird to have such a rigorous application procedure for a freelance translator who's only going to be doing post-editing of product reviews and other non-sensitive work - if in fact they ever get assigned anything at all? The above sounds more like an application for a salaried job translating critical information.

I do. What's more, I did work for Amazon in the past myself (before PEMT), and I definitely DIDN'T have to go through all of that...

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Me too Apr 2, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Sheila Wilson wrote:

I do. What's more, I did work for Amazon in the past myself (before PEMT), and I definitely DIDN'T have to go through all of that...

Me too. I worked for them before PEMT, it was 2013 I think, but when I was aware of the payment terms and all the complicated invoicing procedure, I dropped them, at the beginning I did just a test. (short and as usual).

[Edited at 2018-04-02 12:48 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Amazon translation tests

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »