Christian Köstner (X)
Christian Köstner (X)  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Local time: 20:12
allemand vers anglais
+ ...
May 30, 2013

Hi,
I would like to send a translation as a TMX-File to a client using SDL Trados 2007.
When the client wants to import the TMX, their system produces an "Invalid Token" error message.

I tried to contact the Across support by phone and email, but this support is no help at all
(quote: "read it for yourself in the manual..."), email support has not replied yet.

Is this possible at all, or are Across and SDL just not getting along?

I tried
... See more
Hi,
I would like to send a translation as a TMX-File to a client using SDL Trados 2007.
When the client wants to import the TMX, their system produces an "Invalid Token" error message.

I tried to contact the Across support by phone and email, but this support is no help at all
(quote: "read it for yourself in the manual..."), email support has not replied yet.

Is this possible at all, or are Across and SDL just not getting along?

I tried right mouse click on the project and selected "TMX-export", marked the box where it says (exchange with other CAT-Tools)...
The across manual is not really helpful, I kinda need a step-by-step walkthrough...

Thanks in advance
Christian

[Bearbeitet am 2013-05-30 08:46 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2013-05-30 10:00 GMT]
Collapse

Fernando Guimaraes
Fernando Guimaraes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:12
allemand vers portugais
+ ...
Working May 30, 2013

I just tried and it works:

"Tmx Export zum Austauch mit andere CAT Tools" checked

"Rich Translation Memory Informationen expportieren" not checked
"Sätze speichern" checked

Then I import it with Translator Workbench in an existing tmw Memory as file type "TMX 1.4 (*.tmx)

No problem importing it.

Regards

Christian Köstner (X)
Christian Köstner (X)  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Local time: 20:12
allemand vers anglais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Thanks May 31, 2013

Thank you, Fernando!
I will forward this to my client, hope it works...

Christian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 can't import from Across

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »