Anu Mukharji-Gorski
Anu Mukharji-Gorski  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 08:49
din germană în engleză
+ ...
Jun 28, 2014

Hallo,

I'm afraid I have a very basic question about Across ... I downloaded Across for Freelancers because of a client who required me to work with Across.

When I go to Start->Programme -> Across, I get to Across Offline Client, which I have successfully used with my client for a month.

Now I've been looking for Across Personal Edition - but have no idea where it is ...

According to the hand
... See more
Hallo,

I'm afraid I have a very basic question about Across ... I downloaded Across for Freelancers because of a client who required me to work with Across.

When I go to Start->Programme -> Across, I get to Across Offline Client, which I have successfully used with my client for a month.

Now I've been looking for Across Personal Edition - but have no idea where it is ...

According to the handbook http://www.across.net/documentation/QuickStart_PE_v57_en.pdf
"each time I open across I can decide how I want to use it". So could you help me find Across Personal Edition Standalone mode please ...

Would I need to delete what I have and install everything again or is it there somewhere and I just can't see it.

Regards,
Anu
Collapse

Alexander Somin
Alexander Somin
Local time: 09:49
din engleză în rusă
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
across PE is here Jun 28, 2014

You already have got the across PE. It functions in 2 modes. Both modes are options, which you can use as you choose it. The second option (remote client) is displayed grey, but you could use it still. Just click on it (despite this option is barely visible).

Best wishes in mastering across.

Anu Mukharji-Gorski
Germania
din germană în engleză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
CAP key Jun 29, 2014

Alexander Somin wrote:

You already have got the across PE. It functions in 2 modes.

Thank you for replying ... actually things are getting a bit clearer now. Instead of downloading Across with both options I had only downloaded Across to be used as Standby Remote Client.

Regards,
Anu

lprd027
lprd027
Local time: 18:49
din germană în engleză
+ ...
Some useful links Jul 1, 2014

Hi Anu,

Here is a link to the latest Across PE v5.7 patch 60518:

ftp://ftp.across.net/across_5.7_patches/Across_v5.7_60518_mui.zip

This download will update a working version of Across PE v5.7; for a new install you need to download the full package (which includes Microsoft SQL Server Express) from the Across Download Center before
... See more
Hi Anu,

Here is a link to the latest Across PE v5.7 patch 60518:

ftp://ftp.across.net/across_5.7_patches/Across_v5.7_60518_mui.zip

This download will update a working version of Across PE v5.7; for a new install you need to download the full package (which includes Microsoft SQL Server Express) from the Across Download Center before you can apply this patch.

You may use Across PE in demo mode for 30 days, after that you must register, which you can do here for free:

http://www.my-across.net/en/fdb-register.aspx

Regards
Lars
Collapse

Anu Mukharji-Gorski
Germania
din germană în engleză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Done ... Jul 1, 2014

lprd027 wrote:

You may use Across PE in demo mode for 30 days, after that you must register, which you can do here for free:

http://www.my-across.net/en/fdb-register.aspx

Regards
Lars

Thanks for the links.

Across Support got in touch, sent me a licence so Across Standalone is working now as well.

Anu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

where ist Across Personal Edition

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »