Web page creator that supports double byte/Unicode characters (Japanese)
Initiator des Themas: Can Altinbay
Can Altinbay
Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:41
Japanisch > Englisch
+ ...
In stillem Gedenken
Feb 21, 2007

As I translate from and into Japanese, I want to have Japanese pages on my Web site, as well as Japanese text in the English pages pointing to them. I don't need anything fancy. My pages will be text and links to other pages. So far, CoffeeCup, which came free with my LunarPages account, is not doing it, and it's not terribly easy to use. This shouldn't be rocket science! Can anyone point me to a good tool, of course preferably not too expensive?

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:41
Deutsch > Englisch
+ ...
Web page creator that supports double byte/Unicode characters (Japanese) Feb 21, 2007

NVU?

www.nvu.com

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:41
Mitglied (2006)
Englisch > Russisch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
OpenOffice.org may be a good choice Feb 22, 2007

Well, if the things are exactly as you describe, OpenOffice.org's HTML editing capabilities must be just enough. And OOo is totally free (http://www.openoffice.org). Only make sure to set UTF-8 as the default charset for saving into HTML. Good luck!

Jean-Philippe Drécourt
Jean-Philippe Drécourt  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:41
Englisch > Französisch
Have you tried Aptana? Feb 22, 2007

Hello !

I discovered Aptana not so long ago, and it works well for me so far. And best of all it's free and Java based.

http://www.aptana.com

They added Unicode support in their latest release, and as they mention in their update page:

"The Aptana IDE now supports Unicode. For the moment, you will need to go into the Preferences panel and select Aptana > Editors > Enable Unicode (and restart).
... See more
Hello !

I discovered Aptana not so long ago, and it works well for me so far. And best of all it's free and Java based.

http://www.aptana.com

They added Unicode support in their latest release, and as they mention in their update page:

"The Aptana IDE now supports Unicode. For the moment, you will need to go into the Preferences panel and select Aptana > Editors > Enable Unicode (and restart). Please make sure you also update the default text encoding for files in Preferences > General > Editors as well. This mechanism will be refined in future M8 releases."

Good luck !

JP
Collapse

Can Altinbay
Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:41
Japanisch > Englisch
+ ...
THEMENSTARTER
In stillem Gedenken
WSIWYG? Feb 22, 2007

I should have mentioned that I would like a WYSIWYG creator, so that I can just "draw" my pages and go.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Web page creator that supports double byte/Unicode characters (Japanese)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »