Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How long do you wait to contact a company who hired you but hasn't offered you any jobs lately?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Sorry, couldn’t help it Feb 3

Tom in London wrote:
A good opportunity for some ironic smiling to onesself.

Now there’s a good opportunity for some ironic smiling to mysself 😂

Sabine Braun

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:33
Member (2008)
Italian to English
new word Feb 3

Lingua 5B wrote:

offtopic.

Arne Krueger
Arne Krueger
Germany
Local time: 18:33
German to English
+ ...
:) Feb 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06KoQp02FIY

Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
Local time: 19:33
English to Russian
+ ...
How long does a customer wait until I'm available? Feb 5

My customers would only go away after losing hope I'll ever be available to work for the kind of rates they were willing to pay. I wrote about the only time it happened otherwise in a recent post. Once I saw a pleasantly well-written job ad for teachers of English (not sure if I haven't already mentioned this experience in these forums). I wrote them saying that while I do lack relevant training, I'd still like to apply for the job and I'm sure they'd be happy with my language skills. So, after... See more
My customers would only go away after losing hope I'll ever be available to work for the kind of rates they were willing to pay. I wrote about the only time it happened otherwise in a recent post. Once I saw a pleasantly well-written job ad for teachers of English (not sure if I haven't already mentioned this experience in these forums). I wrote them saying that while I do lack relevant training, I'd still like to apply for the job and I'm sure they'd be happy with my language skills. So, after an initial interview, the company owner invited be to come back (to Moscow) for a five-day training course where he'd explain how they work and prepare me for conducting my first lesson. He was playing the role of the student while looking and sounding extremely disinterested. In the end, he suggested I get some students to practice on, which I never did. Teaching seems to be beyond my meager abilitiesCollapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How long do you wait to contact a company who hired you but hasn't offered you any jobs lately?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »