Thread poster: Louisa Berry
Louisa Berry
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:53
Member (2009)
German to English
Mar 29, 2010

In the DE>EN language pair a particular agency has posted the same job, with identical text and requirements three times in four days.

Is this allowed?

My inbox receives an email about a job posting, I think its a new one and go and look, just to find its them again.

Are there any guidelines regarding this?

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:53
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, there are guidelines to follow Mar 29, 2010

Hello Louisa,

Yes, there are guidelines to follow regarding multiple job postings. Job posting rule #4 deals with this in particular:

Multiple postings should not be made unnecessarily. A job should be posted only once, unless the limitations of the job posting system make multiple postings necessary. (It is possible to advertise a project involving multiple language pairs in a single post.)

Could you please submit a support request and supply me with the links to the job postings? I will take it from there. Thanks.

Alejandro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Repeated posts of the same job

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »