Gmail anti-spam too powerful!
Téma indítója: Frédéric Aubert
Frédéric Aubert
Frédéric Aubert  Identity Verified
Franciaország
Local time: 00:56
angol - francia
Jun 27, 2007

I'm having some problems with my Gmail account: the messages of one particular client are systematically filed as spam by Gmail, and they don't make it to my Outlook inbox.

Each timee my client has to phone me: "did you get my email?" "-uh, no" "-too bad" "-let me check".

I have to take each message out of the spam folder manually, usually quite some time after it was sent, which is not good.
Would anyone have a solution? I haven't found a "white list" option in
... See more
I'm having some problems with my Gmail account: the messages of one particular client are systematically filed as spam by Gmail, and they don't make it to my Outlook inbox.

Each timee my client has to phone me: "did you get my email?" "-uh, no" "-too bad" "-let me check".

I have to take each message out of the spam folder manually, usually quite some time after it was sent, which is not good.
Would anyone have a solution? I haven't found a "white list" option in Gmail...
Collapse

Waleed Mohamed
Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
Egyesült Arab Emirátusok
Local time: 02:56
angol - arab
+ ...
possible solution Jun 27, 2007

Just add this client to your contact list in Gmail. This may solve the problem.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Waleed

Branka Stankovic McCarthy
Branka Stankovic McCarthy  Identity Verified
Szerbia
angol - szerb
+ ...
Have you tried Jun 27, 2007

Adding the client's e-mail address to your address book and marking each message as not spam prior to moving it to the inbox?
That's helped in the past.

Branka

Frédéric Aubert
Frédéric Aubert  Identity Verified
Franciaország
angol - francia
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Wait and see... Jun 27, 2007

Thanks for your answers!
I've tried to mark the e-mails as not spam, but this doesn't seem to be enough.
I'm going to add the client to my address book and, as I was suggested on another forum, create a filter to star each message from the @xxxxx.com address.
We'll see if that works next time...

Tony Keily
Tony Keily
olasz - angol
+ ...
another type of filter Jun 27, 2007

Hi there.

I've had this problem with yahoo. The best thing to do in that case is to create a filter using a 'containing text:' parameter. In other words, any agency that frequently gives you work can be filtered IN by admitting mails from any soruce which includes their name in the body of the mail.

LuciaC
LuciaC
Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 23:56
angol - olasz
+ ...
Had the same problem Jun 27, 2007

with BtInternet/Yahoo. I missed a couple of jobs because they had ended up in the spam folder and I forgot about it.

After this I decided to disable this function and I am now using MailWasher, as suggested by some colleagues, or I simply download everything with Thunderbird, which has a really good spam filter (it NEVER made this kind of mistake).

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexikó
Local time: 16:56
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...
Take a look.. Jun 28, 2007

LuciaC wrote:

with BtInternet/Yahoo. I missed a couple of jobs because they had ended up in the spam folder and I forgot about it.

After this I decided to disable this function and I am now using MailWasher, as suggested by some colleagues, or I simply download everything with Thunderbird, which has a really good spam filter (it NEVER made this kind of mistake).

Certainly, their anti-spams are powerful so I decided some months ago to take a look at the spam each day.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 18:56
Tag (2002 óta)
spanyol - francia
+ ...
I'm used to go into the spam folder Jun 28, 2007

It seems that my service provider is blacklisted in many places, and gmail puts me in the spam folder very often.
In Gmail you have the option, when you're in the spam folder, to select "non spam". This should be enough, next time the email should go to the incoming box and then to your outlook inbox.
It has worked for me.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Gmail anti-spam too powerful!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »