WWA feature - how do visitors understand that you opted out?
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:46
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Jul 15, 2014

Since its introduction, I have opted out from this feature and never regretted it since.

It has been very hotly discussed in this monster thread back in 2006 (for whom may be interested):
... See more
Since its introduction, I have opted out from this feature and never regretted it since.

It has been very hotly discussed in this monster thread back in 2006 (for whom may be interested):

http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/49940-new_at_prozcom_outsourcer_willingness_to_work_again_feedback_for_translators-page1.html

However, in the visitor's view of my profile, I STILL see this "give translator feedback" thing hanging there (and obviously no feedback).
I have no idea what would happen if someone tried to give me some feedback. Maybe they would be told that I don't want any - at least I hope so.

But wouldn't it be clearer (and fairer to me and all those who have choosen not to want it) if customers saw at first glance that a freelancer has opted out from this feature or, still better, the "give feedback" button weren't there at all?

Actually, it makes some difference if you did opt out or simply didn't get any feedback for other reasons and I think this should be made obvious to visitors of profiles.
How can they not wonder why you didn't get any feedback?

What are we to do to get rid of this feedback thing altogether?

It would also be interesting to know if someone changed their mind since then and why (as well opting in as opting out).
Collapse

Platon Danilov
Platon Danilov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 08:46
English to Russian
+ ...
Why? Jul 15, 2014

Hi Christel,
Can you explain why do you feel so irritated by this feature?
I believe it was designed to help in promotion of ones profile. So why be so eager to get rid of it? Any reasons?

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Not visible Jul 15, 2014

Christel Zipfel wrote:
... in the visitor's view of my profile, I STILL see this "give translator feedback" thing hanging there (and obviously no feedback).

You see it only because it is your own profile. I, for example, don't see it. You can check yourself by simply visiting your profile page when not logged in.

Natalia

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Of course, I've checked before Jul 15, 2014

and re-checked again just now:-)

A bug?

Orrin Cummins
Orrin Cummins  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 14:46
Japanese to English
+ ...
A shot in the dark Jul 15, 2014

Try clearing your browser cache?

TranslateThis
TranslateThis  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
It IS visible. I DO see it in your profile, Christel! Jul 16, 2014

Natalie wrote:

Christel Zipfel wrote:
... in the visitor's view of my profile, I STILL see this "give translator feedback" thing hanging there (and obviously no feedback).

You see it only because it is your own profile. I, for example, don't see it. You can check yourself by simply visiting your profile page when not logged in.

Natalia

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
I can see it Jul 16, 2014

It is visible,yes

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:46
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I can see it, too! Jul 16, 2014

And when I click on it, I get the usual page: Have you worked with this service provider, etc., etc.

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Withdrawing from WWA feature Jul 16, 2014

Christel Zipfel wrote:

http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/49940-new_at_prozcom_outsourcer_willingness_to_work_again_feedback_for_translators-page1.html

However, in the visitor's view of my profile, I STILL see this "give translator feedback" thing hanging there (and obviously no feedback).
I have no idea what would happen if someone tried to give me some feedback. Maybe they would be told that I don't want any - at least I hope so.

But wouldn't it be clearer (and fairer to me and all those who have choosen not to want it) if customers saw at first glance that a freelancer has opted out from this feature or, still better, the "give feedback" button weren't there at all?

Actually, it makes some difference if you did opt out or simply didn't get any feedback for other reasons and I think this should be made obvious to visitors of profiles.
How can they not wonder why you didn't get any feedback?

What are we to do to get rid of this feedback thing altogether?

It would also be interesting to know if someone changed their mind since then and why (as well opting in as opting out).

Hello Christel,

Outsourcers may still leave WWA feedback for you even if that section of your profile is hidden.

You can withdraw from the WWA feature here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=withdraw_wwa

If you withdraw from this feature, outsourcers will not see the "Give translator feedback" link in your profile.

Hope this explains.

Best regards,

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WWA feature - how do visitors understand that you opted out?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »