Anu Mukharji-Gorski
Anu Mukharji-Gorski  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:02
German to English
+ ...
Jun 5, 2007

Hallo,

I've just posted a volunteer job (174644) that needs to be done by tomorrow night. I tickmarked the box that says I'd like non-members to be able to see the job too, but the system automatically changed the option to "non-members will be restricted from posting for 12 hours" because of the "large number of members available for the job".

As this is a volunteer job, could someone please remove the restriction.

Thanks,
Anu

Marina Soldati
Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:02
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Contact a job moderator Jun 6, 2007

Hi Swaiyam,
I think it would be better to contact a job moderator rather than post in the forums, you`ll surely get a reply from one of them.
Regards,
Marina

Anu Mukharji-Gorski
Anu Mukharji-Gorski  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Moderator Jun 6, 2007

Marina Soldati wrote:

I think it would be better to contact a job moderator

Thanks Marina,
I've now done so

Anu

Tanja K
Tanja K  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
had the exact same problem Jun 6, 2007

Swaiyam wrote:

Hallo,

I've just posted a volunteer job (174644) that needs to be done by tomorrow night. I tickmarked the box that says I'd like non-members to be able to see the job too, but the system automatically changed the option to "non-members will be restricted from posting for 12 hours" because of the "large number of members available for the job".

As this is a volunteer job, could someone please remove the restriction.

Thanks,
Anu

Hi Anu,

I had the exact same problem a few days ago and submitted a support ticket.

Here's the answer I received:

--------------------------

The option have not been properly set may be (1 hour, 45 mins since ticket submitted )

Dear Tanja,

If you have chosen after the question: Limit this job to (paying) members of ProZ.com? No, allow non-members to express interest then non-members will be notified of the job.
The problem here might have been that you have scrolled down and the option was not set.
The default option is always: Allow Non-members to quote after 12 hours.

I have tried to reproduced the problem and I was perfecrtly able to post the job allowing non-members to express their interest.

Please try again and if you encounter the same problem, do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,

Florencia Vita
ProZ.com Staff

-----------------------------

Perhaps this helps.

Tanja

[Edited at 2007-06-06 09:13]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why is my job posting restricted to "members only"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »