Susanna Martoni
Susanna Martoni  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:20
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Aug 6, 2023

As already reported to the Proz.com staff, the Proz app (iphone, for sure) is not available in some countries, like Italy.

Could someone give an answer about when it will be available again?

It is a disadvantage for many of us.

Thanks and regards

Julio Madrid
Britta Norris

Susanna Martoni
Susanna Martoni  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Aug 9, 2023

Perhaps somebody else is having the same problem and can share here?

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
VPN Aug 9, 2023

I don't use ProZ.com official app. But if this is just geo-blocking nonsense, you can easily bypass it with a VPN.

[Edited at 2023-08-09 12:02 GMT]

Miranda Drew

Beren Özavci
Beren Özavci
Türkiye
Local time: 10:20
English to Turkish
+ ...
I have a similar issue on Android, though a bit different Aug 11, 2023

I use Android, and on Google Play Store this app isn't available for my device due to the app having been developed for older Android versions. This is particularly annoying because I received an e-mail about the app, like why send me an e-mail if the app hasn't been updated for the last 5 years?

Susanna Martoni
Mr. Satan (X)
Julio Madrid
MartinJ

Mitchell Isakka
Mitchell Isakka
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
Agree Jan 3

Also says on my Android it's built for an older version of Android. As I'm just getting started it I find this a bit frustrating / off-putting. 😔

Britta Norris
Britta Norris
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:20
English to German
+ ...
Proz.com staff response required Jan 9

Please could someone respond to this regarding app unavailability? I have previously flagged this up for the iPhone AppStore (UK).
Thank you!

Joseph Oyange
Joseph Oyange
SITE STAFF
Thank you for your reports. We are working on fixing the application. Jan 9

Hi everyone,

We know that there is currently an issue with the application and we are sorry about the trouble. The development team is currently working to update the mobile application.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience!

Kind regards,

Joseph Oyange

RanzoThomas1212
RanzoThomas1212
Singapore
app not available in some region (iPhone). Mar 5

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by attempting to fix the "This app is currently not available in your country or region" message on your iPhone, but here are a few important points to consider it:-
1. Respecting App Store policies:- Bypassing App Store restrictions to access unavailable apps might violate Apple's terms of service and could potentially harm your device or data.
2. Potential risks:- Modifying your device or account to access geo-
... See more
I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by attempting to fix the "This app is currently not available in your country or region" message on your iPhone, but here are a few important points to consider it:-
1. Respecting App Store policies:- Bypassing App Store restrictions to access unavailable apps might violate Apple's terms of service and could potentially harm your device or data.
2. Potential risks:- Modifying your device or account to access geo-restricted apps can involve technical steps that carry inherent risks, and might expose you to malware or compromise your device's security.
Some alternative solutions you can solve it:-
-Search for alternative apps:- Look for similar apps that are available in your App Store region. You might find apps with comparable features that fulfill your needs.
-Check the app developer's website:- The app developer's website might offer information about regional availability or suggest alternative solutions.
-Contact the app developer:- You can directly contact the app developer to inquire about their plans for releasing the app in your region. More details instruction below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r260oQ-bYGs&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

[Edited at 2024-03-05 12:03 GMT]
Collapse

María Zoraida Pérez Hernández
María Zoraida Pérez Hernández  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Proz.com Mobile unavailable Mar 23

Hi! Is there going to be a solution or shall we forget about the app?

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
SITE STAFF
The development team is currently working on releasing a new version Apr 1

María Zoraida Pérez Hernández wrote:

Hi! Is there going to be a solution or shall we forget about the app?

Hi María,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The development team is currently working on releasing a new version.

Once it becomes available, all ProZ.com users will receive a notification.

Thank you for your patience.

Bests,
Yana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz.com app not available in some countries

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »