Thread poster: Julian Wood
Julian Wood
Julian Wood  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:58
Czech to English
+ ...
Mar 22, 2007

Hello
I am hoping to start finding private students here in Bristol for any of the four languages I feel comfortable teaching- what is the going rate?
Thanks

Giulia TAPPI
Giulia TAPPI  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:58
French to Italian
+ ...
Do you really think you can teach 4 languages? Mar 23, 2007

Sorry, but it really seems a lot to me!
Anyway, in France the maximum you could get would be 15€ per hour. I started teaching Italian a long time ago, but I think translating and interpreting pays much more.
I would not say the same for maths and physics, though!

Beth Dennison
Beth Dennison  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Chinese to English
+ ...
My rate Mar 23, 2007

Hello Julian,

I can't really say what the "going rate" is, but I was recently approached by someone wanting to learn Chinese. She agreed to pay me £20 an hour for this which I'm happy with.

Beth

Julian Wood
Julian Wood  Identity Verified
Czech to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 23, 2007

Hiya
Ta for your posts, I quoted 15-20 GBP
I do think I can teach Welsh, Russian, German and Czech comfortably, as I will be teaching classes in three of these languages soon, and believe a good teacher is just as important as the subject taught- and I have a great passion for each of these languages!
Thanks

Laura Pastondi
Laura Pastondi
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Between £15 and £20 Mar 23, 2007

Hi there,

I teach Italian and my rate p/h range between £15 and £20.

Good luck!

lingomania
lingomania
Local time: 16:58
Italian to English
In Italy May 13, 2007

The going rate in Italy (Perugia or Terni in Umbria ) for private lessons if you're a native speaker can reach even 25 euro. Logically, the bigger the city, the bigger the $$$.

Rob

Kootvela (X)
Kootvela (X)
Local time: 09:58
Lithuanian to English
+ ...
my rates Aug 1, 2007

I charge 25 litas (10 USD) per academic hour, a lesson is two academic hours twice a week. If a student wants Business Englisht, that is 30litas an academic hour. For group students I give discounts up to 15-20lt per academic hour. This is the going rate for English in Lithuania but when exam peak approaches there will be a demand by school leavers for tutors so the rate might go up to 50lt per academic hour. Summer is the dead season... See more
I charge 25 litas (10 USD) per academic hour, a lesson is two academic hours twice a week. If a student wants Business Englisht, that is 30litas an academic hour. For group students I give discounts up to 15-20lt per academic hour. This is the going rate for English in Lithuania but when exam peak approaches there will be a demand by school leavers for tutors so the rate might go up to 50lt per academic hour. Summer is the dead seasonCollapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for private tutoring

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »