Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:14
English to French
+ ...
Aug 8, 2023

Hi all,

I’m working on an official training I’ll be hosting in september and I’m building it with what will be the new release of Wordfast Anywhere. It’s not available to users right now but you can take a sneak peak watching this video I made: https://youtu.be/6_MYrH3pPxE (very basic first steps video for first time users).

The look is more modern IMO, very clear and reada
... See more
Hi all,

I’m working on an official training I’ll be hosting in september and I’m building it with what will be the new release of Wordfast Anywhere. It’s not available to users right now but you can take a sneak peak watching this video I made: https://youtu.be/6_MYrH3pPxE (very basic first steps video for first time users).

The look is more modern IMO, very clear and readable. The look display in the video is probably very close to what the final version will look like (developers are still working on it).

I could come out Q4 or late Q3 2023 if all goes according to plan.
I know some will start thinking about dark modes etc. Devs are busy making it as sturdy and as user-friendly as possible, that’s the main thing at the moment, but that doesn’t mean that something like could not happen later, so let’s give them some time

To be continued…

[Edited at 2023-08-08 16:30 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
is it possible to go to the next unconfirmed segment with a shortcut in Wordfast Anywhere? Aug 9, 2023

Hi Phillipe,

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to jump to the next segment that has not yet been translated/confirmed?

As per my post @ https://www2.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/329065-go_to_next_unconfirmed_segment.html

Or do I need to add Wordfast Anywhere to "The List of Shame":

• memoQ
... See more
Hi Phillipe,

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to jump to the next segment that has not yet been translated/confirmed?

As per my post @ https://www2.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/329065-go_to_next_unconfirmed_segment.html

• memoQ: ✔
• Trados Studio: ✔
• CafeTran: ✔
• Memsource: ✔
• Transit: ✔
• OmegaT: ✔ / Ctrl+U /

• Wordfast Pro: x
• Wordfast Anywhere: x
Collapse

Philippe Locquet
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
For WFA users now and in the future Aug 9, 2023

Michael Beijer wrote:

I'm not sure online shaming is going to get the developers to deliver all the features you want.

However, there are processes for this in the current version of WFA.

There is already a jumb button that takes you to empty target segments. And the standard "Until Fuzzy Match".

For unconfirmed:
_method A, visually: In the view tab, show/hide outline shows you all the file's segments. Yellow segments are unconfirmed, click to open any segment you want.
You can also display a list of unconfirmed segment

_method B, filtered view:

In the edit tab, click on find/replace, select miscellaneous and click on the radio button for "Provisional segments" (same as unconfirmed, worded this way in WFA).
Click on find. A list of segments with a few words from these segments is displayed. Click on the segment number to open it.

If there is interest in a dedicated button from Wordfast Anywhere users, developers may work on it (AFAIK no one actively using WFA requested it). At the moment they are considering what is the best way to improve the feature for WFA users in the new look version, could be a button or something else.

Hope this helps,

Philippe

Victoria Britten
Victoria Britten  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:14
French to English
+ ...
MT suggestion Aug 9, 2023

Hi Philippe, thanks for this video.

Just one thing: I don't want my segments pre-translated by machine! I work in literary translation and find Wordfast Anywhere a really pleasant environment to work in; it will be much less so if I have to highlight and delete a pre-"translation" in every single segment. Please tell me this is a feature that can be disabled easily.

Thanks with crossed fingers

Philippe Locquet
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sure thing Aug 9, 2023

Victoria Britten wrote:

Hi Philippe, thanks for this video.

Just one thing: I don't want my segments pre-translated by machine! I work in literary translation and find Wordfast Anywhere a really pleasant environment to work in; it will be much less so if I have to highlight and delete a pre-"translation" in every single segment. Please tell me this is a feature that can be disabled easily.

Thanks with crossed fingers

In the video MT pretranslation is turned on, but it doesn't have to be. When the new look will be launched, your preferences will carry from the current look to the new one.
When a user opens WFA for the first time, a quick setup window opens and they get the option have MT turned on or not (some free MT are in the available list).

This can be changed at any moment by going to the Wordfast Antwhere tab, clicking on the "Setup WFA" button, then selecting the MT tab. Just untick the MTs you do not want to be active and setup the rules you want to use.

It'll work the same way in the new look.

Hope this helps,
Philippe

Victoria Britten
Victoria Britten  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:14
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Aug 9, 2023

... and phew!

Philippe Locquet wrote:

In the video MT pretranslation is turned on, but it doesn't have to be. When the new look will be launched, your preferences will carry from the current look to the new one.
When a user opens WFA for the first time, a quick setup window opens and they get the option have MT turned on or not (some free MT are in the available list).

This can be changed at any moment by going to the Wordfast Antwhere tab, clicking on the "Setup WFA" button, then selecting the MT tab. Just untick the MTs you do not want to be active and setup the rules you want to use.

It'll work the same way in the new look.

Hope this helps,
Philippe

Philippe Locquet

Philippe Locquet
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jump to next unconfirmed segment shortcut working for next Wordfast Anywhere release Aug 31, 2023

Michael Beijer wrote:
is it possible to jump to the next segment that has not yet been translated/confirmed?

Hi,

Happy to report that the developers have worked on that feature. Before it existed to skip all populated targets until it reached an empty segment, now the function has been extended to unconfirmed segments.

In the screenshot below, here is what you’ll see:
_The segments in yellow on the left and at the end of the segment ont the right are marked as unconfirmed. In Wordfast Anywhere, unconfirmed segments are called “Provisional”.
_There are two buttons JUMP E (n.e.), jumps until an empty segment is reaches and JUMP P (n.p.) jumps until it reaches a provisional segment.
_The function (button) is play/stop style and can be initiated/stopped with the same keyboard shortcut of your choice
_1st file example: this is a txlf coming from Wordfast Pro with two Provisional (unconfirmed) segments. The first segment is opened via double click. JUMP P is initiated (button becomes red). Upon moving to the next segment (Alt down), Wordfast Anywhere jumps until it reaches the first provisional segment and opens it for editing.
_2nf file example: this txlf was created in WFA and has only 1 Provisional segment. No segment is opened. JUMP P is initiated. Upon starting translation (Alt Down) WFA skips and opens directly the only Provisional (unconfirmed) segment. The jump sequence is stopped by click or keyboard shortcut and the button goes back to green.

I hope that’s what users are looking for.
Be well

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere will get a new look

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »