Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >
Too good to be true offer (payable in crypto)
Thread poster: Mireille BOULANGER
Tony Keily
Tony Keily
Local time: 07:33
Italian to English
+ ...
FINLAY SCOTLAND LTD Jun 8, 2023

A company of that name actually registered in (or around) Bothwell, south of Glasgow. However its business is heavy machinery leasing.

M. Christine
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Piotr Łazorko
Piotr Łazorko
Poland
English to Polish
I got the same offer yesterday Aug 8, 2023

I got the similar offer
"Hello!
I would like to invite you to the execution couple of projects. This is a translation from English to Polish. Translate 5000 words 0.15 per word in jpg format, high
quality There are a few points that I would like to discuss with
you.Ready to discuss the prepayment with you as I new user here.
Please write to me I can send you files and payment details.

I will wait for an answer

Thank you for your time.
... See more
I got the similar offer
"Hello!
I would like to invite you to the execution couple of projects. This is a translation from English to Polish. Translate 5000 words 0.15 per word in jpg format, high
quality There are a few points that I would like to discuss with
you.Ready to discuss the prepayment with you as I new user here.
Please write to me I can send you files and payment details.

I will wait for an answer

Thank you for your time.
Peter Hladky"

Then after asking about the price I got another message:

"Thank you for your message!
I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. in photo format in English. Deadline is next Tuesday(next week) 1pm CET.
Final files required in pdf and docx formats.
Payment for this task is 750(it is about 0.15 per word) EUR, +5% to pay off all commissions when exchanging funds. The budget is in cryptocurrency, I pay in bitcoin or ethereum. After payment I will definitely help you exchange funds for a euro or wherever it is convenient for you.
I'm looking for an honest job. Ready to pay in advance, help with withdrawal for further cooperation
I can do the prepayment for your safety and you can start. If you will be need help with withdraw and exchange to fiat currency I am glad to help you with it.
Waiting for you reply!"
Collapse

M. Christine

Piotr Łazorko
Piotr Łazorko
Poland
English to Polish
next messages Aug 8, 2023

My answer was like this:
"Thanks for the information.
I don't receive payments in Bitcoins.

Could we have a video chat?"

Reply:
"Unfortunately this payment method is chosen by my boss. I will send payment up front so you can get started and feel safe. If you will be need help with withdraw and exchange to fiat currency and transfer it to Paypal or bank account I am glad to help you with it.
Regarding the payment, I use this wallet
Cryptoc
... See more
My answer was like this:
"Thanks for the information.
I don't receive payments in Bitcoins.

Could we have a video chat?"

Reply:
"Unfortunately this payment method is chosen by my boss. I will send payment up front so you can get started and feel safe. If you will be need help with withdraw and exchange to fiat currency and transfer it to Paypal or bank account I am glad to help you with it.
Cryptocoii.com
You can register now and send me wallet. Bitcoin address from Wallet menu, I will make a payment."

My answer was:
"I am a bit hesitant
Could we make a video call?
There are so many scammers"

He hasn't answered yet"

Sender: Peter Hladky
[NOTE: The sender is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in at the time the message was sent.]
Sender's IP address: 146.70.83.68
Message type: Collaboration
Collapse

Tadeusz Rieckmann
Tadeusz Rieckmann
Faroe Islands
Local time: 06:33
Member (2011)
German to Hungarian
+ ...
got identical emails yesterday and today Aug 15, 2023

They used the exact same wording as mentioned before, got this today:

"I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. in photo format in English. Deadline is next Wednesday(next week) 1pm CET.
Payment for this task is 750(it is about 0.15 per word) EUR, +5% to pay off all commissions when exchanging funds. The budget is in cryptocurrency, I pay in bitcoin or ethereum. After payment I will definitely help you e
... See more
They used the exact same wording as mentioned before, got this today:

"I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. in photo format in English. Deadline is next Wednesday(next week) 1pm CET.
Payment for this task is 750(it is about 0.15 per word) EUR, +5% to pay off all commissions when exchanging funds. The budget is in cryptocurrency, I pay in bitcoin or ethereum. After payment I will definitely help you exchange funds for a euro or wherever it is convenient for you.
I'm looking for an honest job. Ready to pay in advance, help with withdrawal for further cooperation
I can do the prepayment for your safety and you can start. If you will be need help with withdraw and exchange to fiat currency I am glad to help you with it.
Waiting for you reply!"

Also, it's a UK-company now:

"I work as an outsourcer for MANAGE BRUNSWICK BLOCK LTD
Company number 14233205 in UK
Unfortunately this payment method is chosen by my boss. I will send payment up front so you can get started and feel safe. If you will be need help with withdraw and exchange to fiat currency and transfer it to Paypal or bank account I am glad to help you with it.
Cryptocoii.com
You can register now and send me wallet. Bitcoin address from Wallet menu, I will make a payment."
Collapse

IRENE DE BRITO

András Szabados
András Szabados  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2009)
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Same scam Aug 15, 2023

Got the same message. I'm kind a naive guy, they even had me register on their fake crypto site. Almost started on the translation itself

Good thing I found this thread!

What I just can't figure out is how they close the scam, i.e. how do they profit from this?

tptrltr

Peter Boskovitz
Peter Boskovitz  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2010)
English to Hungarian
Happened Again! Aug 15, 2023

I’ve already registered (only my email address) on the fake website Cryptocoii.com. Before giving any further details, I searched for the name and ONLY found it in this thread. The email address of the scammer was [email protected].

Not even my Kaspersky warned me so nobody seems to be reporting this scam to anyone. Also, nobody’s checking the forwarded messages at ProZ, apparently.

tptrltr

tptrltr
tptrltr  Identity Verified
Member (2012)
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Seems to be going around nicely Aug 15, 2023

I also got this lovely offer via email on Aug 8. It was from Natalia Hladka, whose boss only pays in crypto. No firm mentioned.
Upon my cautious reply about subject matter and such, I received a zip file. Out of curiousity, I triple checked it using various AV tools, and found it to be clean. I opened the zip in a VM, and it had 14 pages of what's best described as a weekly seminar paper from college, probably even ChatGPT-generated. I searched the web for the title, and turns out, the sam
... See more
I also got this lovely offer via email on Aug 8. It was from Natalia Hladka, whose boss only pays in crypto. No firm mentioned.
Upon my cautious reply about subject matter and such, I received a zip file. Out of curiousity, I triple checked it using various AV tools, and found it to be clean. I opened the zip in a VM, and it had 14 pages of what's best described as a weekly seminar paper from college, probably even ChatGPT-generated. I searched the web for the title, and turns out, the same doc can be found on diplomba.ru and referat.ru
Anyway, as colleagues above have mentioned, "Natalia" wrote that she'll help wth the fiat transfer and withdrawal, as long as I sign up for the flashy but fake crypto exchange site. I just told her to do the withdrawal to fiat herself, and let me know once done No word since.

Have to agree with András: How, indeed, do they close on the shakedown???
Something esle that's a bit fishy to me is how ProZ allows what seems to be mass contact email acquisition to non-registered site visitors. Not so much fishy, as troubling.

(This being in the original email:
-----------
Author: Natalia Hladka [NOTE: The author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when sending this message.]
Author's IP address: 94.137.94.6
Message type: Collaboration
-----------)

BTW, I looked that IP address up on NordVPN's IP Address lookup site, and found out that it's from San Jose in Costa Rica. Probably a VPN, anyway.
Collapse

Piotr Łazorko

Noémi Németh
Noémi Németh  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2020)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Reported Aug 15, 2023

Hello! I have reported her to the team of Proz attaching my private conversation.

József Békési
József Békési
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Make more hits for google Aug 15, 2023

Yes, Natalia Hladka [email protected] and Cryptocoii.com are all a scam. (Can you hear it, Google?)

Most probably he/she/them hunts for that cca. 240 USD that you should deposit to Cryptocoii.com in crypto in order to be able to withdraw that 750 euro which seemingly is in your BTC wallet.

They have stolen almost two hours from my life....
See more
Yes, Natalia Hladka [email protected] and Cryptocoii.com are all a scam. (Can you hear it, Google?)

Most probably he/she/them hunts for that cca. 240 USD that you should deposit to Cryptocoii.com in crypto in order to be able to withdraw that 750 euro which seemingly is in your BTC wallet.

They have stolen almost two hours from my life.D
Collapse

Piotr Łazorko
Gabor Dr. Horvath
Claudemara Ferreira de Souza

Gabor Dr. Horvath
Gabor Dr. Horvath
Hungary
Member (2023)
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Agree Aug 21, 2023

I can also confirm that Natalia Hladka [email protected] and Cryptocoii.com are all a scam.
Thanks, Noémi, for reporting to the staff.

Leonardo Ledesma
Leonardo Ledesma
Argentina
Local time: 02:33
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same scam, different sender Aug 24, 2023

Just wanted to add information. I received the same offer, but from "Diana Waiser"/[email protected]

Supposedly, she's an outsourcer for "COMMERCIAL AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES LIMITED"/Company number 14694618 (if you look for this information, it seems the info has been registered recently, but there's no official site).

Then, the crypto-scam website: sscrypto.net (a search on Google indicates that this site has been registered recently as well).

Another
... See more
Just wanted to add information. I received the same offer, but from "Diana Waiser"/[email protected]

Supposedly, she's an outsourcer for "COMMERCIAL AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES LIMITED"/Company number 14694618 (if you look for this information, it seems the info has been registered recently, but there's no official site).

Then, the crypto-scam website: sscrypto.net (a search on Google indicates that this site has been registered recently as well).

Another hint - Grammatical mistakes.

A good rate + upfront payment without even talking about files/terms/deadline... Too good to be true!
Collapse

Annabelle Libeau-Dulos

Annabelle Libeau-Dulos
Annabelle Libeau-Dulos
France
Member (2023)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Another scam by an alleged Diana Wailer Sep 12, 2023

I am so thankful for this Scams thread...

Just received an email from this Diana Waiser. This time, her email address was [email protected]. Having been scammed in the past, I was not looking forward to repeating the experience and there was definitely something odd about it. I replied asking for more information (in my case, she didn't mention anything about the payment, only the language combination, length of text and deadline) and decided to have a look at ProZ.
... See more
I am so thankful for this Scams thread...

Just received an email from this Diana Waiser. This time, her email address was [email protected]. Having been scammed in the past, I was not looking forward to repeating the experience and there was definitely something odd about it. I replied asking for more information (in my case, she didn't mention anything about the payment, only the language combination, length of text and deadline) and decided to have a look at ProZ. I am so glad that I did.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your experiences with others!
Collapse

Inge Schumacher

Nicola Caiazzo
Nicola Caiazzo
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:33
Member (2020)
English to French
+ ...
Too good to be true - continued Sep 12, 2023

hey everyone!

thanks for this thread, I would have probably falled into the trap too, if it hadn't have been for this!

Note that there is another one going around with this email address:
[email protected]

this is the email:
Hello!
Thank you for your message!
I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. Deadline is next Wednesday(next week) 1pm CET.
Final files required in pdf and docx formats.<
... See more
hey everyone!

thanks for this thread, I would have probably falled into the trap too, if it hadn't have been for this!

Note that there is another one going around with this email address:
[email protected]

this is the email:
Hello!
Thank you for your message!
I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. Deadline is next Wednesday(next week) 1pm CET.
I can do the prepayment for your safety because I am not a Proz user and new to the field. Then you can start. If you will be need help with withdraw and exchange to fiat currency I am glad to help you with it.
Let's discuss what questions you have at the moment.
Waiting for you reply!
Diana
Collapse

anne-lise pellat
anne-lise pellat  Identity Verified
France
Member (2023)
English to French
Offer from Diana Sep 12, 2023

I received the same king of offer from a so-called Diana yesterday. She asked me to translate 5K words at a very competitive rate 0,15€/word +5% for all charges. She also mentioned that she could only pay in Bitcoin and Ethereum. Hopefully, I read this thread and avoid a very unpleasant experience. Thank you all !

Daniel Chokote
Daniel Chokote
Member (2014)
French to English
+ ...
Offer from Diana Waiser Sep 12, 2023

I also received the same email from "Diana".

I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. Deadline is next Wednesday (next week) 1pm CET.
Payment for this task is 750(it is about 0.15 per word) EUR, +5% to pay off all commissions when exchanging funds. The budget is in cryptocurrency, I pay in bitcoin or ethereum. After payment I will definitely help you exchange funds for a euro or wherever it is convenient
... See more
I also received the same email from "Diana".

I am sending you an archive with files for translation below. Deadline is next Wednesday (next week) 1pm CET.
I can do the prepayment for your safety because I am not a Proz user and new to the field. Then you can start. If you will be need help with withdraw and exchange to fiat currency I am glad to help you with it.

There was something fishy about it, so I decided to do my due diligence. Lo and behold...
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Too good to be true offer (payable in crypto)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »