Poll: What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?
เธรดต่อผู้เขียนข้อความ: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
พนักงานของเว็บไซต์
Sep 29

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
โปรตุเกส
Local time: 16:16
สมาชิก (2007)
ภาษาอังกฤษ เป็น ภาษาโปรตุเกส
+ ...
Hybrid Sep 29

First of all, these days, I’d love to have to manage multiple projects at the same time. Some time ago, when that was the norm, I would first of all break large projects down into sections to be completed each day. After that, I would tackle whatever was most urgent.

Angie Garbarino
 
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
เยอรมนี
Local time: 17:16
สมาชิก (2009)
ภาษาอังกฤษ เป็น ภาษาเยอรมัน
+ ...
Urgency has priority Sep 29

Which ever project is the most urgent one will be completed first. If there is no urgency such as deadlines, I just work on the one that suits me best first, then let the others follow.

 
Geddy Sokolowsky
Geddy Sokolowsky
บราซิล
Local time: 12:16
สมาชิก (Sep 2026)
ภาษาอังกฤษ เป็น ภาษาโปรตุเกส
+ ...
Order by deadline Sep 29

I try to order my tasks by deadline, which means the most urgent ones come first. I personally prefer to focus on one job at a time so I don't lose my groove, but of course that's not always possible. Sometimes a task with a shorter deadline comes up while I'm still working on a larger one, and it takes priority. Having more than one big project at a given time is a bit scarier, but breaking them down into sections alleviates that, especially when you already have a good idea of how long you can... See more
I try to order my tasks by deadline, which means the most urgent ones come first. I personally prefer to focus on one job at a time so I don't lose my groove, but of course that's not always possible. Sometimes a task with a shorter deadline comes up while I'm still working on a larger one, and it takes priority. Having more than one big project at a given time is a bit scarier, but breaking them down into sections alleviates that, especially when you already have a good idea of how long you can take with each. ▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

ผู้ไกล่เกลี่ยของฟอรัมนี้
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »