Autor vlákna: Sarah Port
Sarah Port
Sarah Port  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:09
němčina -> angličtina
+ ...
Apr 16, 2012

Hello,

I have just installed Across for the first time in the standalone version and am having problems uploading a CWU file a client has sent me for translation. When I try to upload it it tells me that is not a supported file.

Please advise me as to what the problem may be.

Many thanks.

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Polsko
Local time: 12:09
Člen (2004)
němčina -> polština
+ ...
You cannot upload CWU Apr 16, 2012

You have to create a CRU file and than you can upload it.

Pls refer to the manual.

Regards

A.

AAV
AAV
Local time: 17:09
How do you upload it? Apr 17, 2012

Sarah Port wrote:

Hello,

I have just installed Across for the first time in the standalone version and am having problems uploading a CWU file a client has sent me for translation. When I try to upload it it tells me that is not a supported file.

Please advise me as to what the problem may be.

Many thanks.

So you are trying to receive this file, and not to sent it back?
If yes:
Your client should have sent you also a softkey file (it should have ".cap" extension). Do you have it? Because otherwise you won't be able to import a .CWU.
You should login into Across with doubleclick on .CAP, or by importing this CAP in Across Login dialog.
Right after that, you will be asked to provide path to CWU - and it will be imported.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't upload CWU file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »