Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
德国
Local time: 00:10
正式会员 (自2005)
German德语译成Hebrew希伯来语
+ ...
May 30, 2012

Hello,

I would like to know how to align a partial translation. I am working on a very large project. I started translating it using Word (since I had only a hard copy), and now I have the digital version and I want to continue it with Across. But I want to use the chapter I already translated. I tried to align it, but it did not work, since the chapter I translated is not the very beginning of the file. Can I somehow tell Across in which paragraph to start the alignment, so that th
... See more
Hello,

I would like to know how to align a partial translation. I am working on a very large project. I started translating it using Word (since I had only a hard copy), and now I have the digital version and I want to continue it with Across. But I want to use the chapter I already translated. I tried to align it, but it did not work, since the chapter I translated is not the very beginning of the file. Can I somehow tell Across in which paragraph to start the alignment, so that the translation and source will match?

Thanks
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English英语译成Hungarian匈牙利语
+ ...
chop May 30, 2012

Yiftah wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know how to align a partial translation. I am working on a very large project. I started translating it using Word (since I had only a hard copy), and now I have the digital version and I want to continue it with Across. But I want to use the chapter I already translated. I tried to align it, but it did not work, since the chapter I translated is not the very beginning of the file. Can I somehow tell Across in which paragraph to start the alignment, so that the translation and source will match?

Thanks

Simply create new files that only contain the translated part and align those.

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
德国
正式会员 (自2005)
German德语译成Hebrew希伯来语
+ ...
主题发起人
Thanks, May 31, 2012

I thought about this option also, just wondering if there was another way...

AAV
AAV
Local time: 05:10
There is a special option in Alignment Wizard Jun 5, 2012

When you do manual corrections in Alignment wizard, there is a special button in toolbar: "automatically connect from currently selected nodes". I guess this could work for you, you just need to select nodes which do match.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Aligning a translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »