Auteur du fil: Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Pologne
Local time: 23:47
polonais vers anglais
+ ...
Jan 9, 2013

Numerous attempts, no success. The process halts after several minutes during the SQL Server 2008 Express R2 database installation. Message: The data base has not been installed'. After clicking OK, I can commence the installation a-new, but the same effect repeats again and again.

I've
... See more
Numerous attempts, no success. The process halts after several minutes during the SQL Server 2008 Express R2 database installation. Message: The data base has not been installed'. After clicking OK, I can commence the installation a-new, but the same effect repeats again and again.

I've found one solution: http://www.ferolen.com/blog/error-install-ms-sql-server-express-in-windows-xp-sp3-msxml6-sp2/

Based on that information I suspect that the problem can be related to the presence of MSXML libraries. Those libraries should be uninstalled, and then Across can be installed.

Yet, my situation is a bit different: Windows 7 SP1 (32 bit), MSXML versions: 3, 4, 5, 5r. Therefore, before I make a try, I want to gather information.

Has anybody of fellow translators had any experience?

Of course, I will also ask Across company for a solution.

Andrzej Mierzejewski

[Zmieniono 2013-01-09 19:48 GMT]

[Zmieniono 2013-01-09 19:51 GMT]
Collapse

Metin ÖZTÜRK
Metin ÖZTÜRK
Turquie
Local time: 00:47
anglais vers turc
+ ...
A recent installation failure. Jan 11, 2013

Dear Mr. Andrej,

I have experienced a similar problem recently on a brand new Windows 8 environment.

I found the solution by installing v.5.00 of Across. I found the old set-up files and completed the installation via SQL 2005. I applied the v.5.5 as a patch.
Now Across is working with v.5.5. However, I have failed to install SQL 2008 Express.
I have sent reports and related files to Across support and am expecting a reply from them.

I hope
... See more
Dear Mr. Andrej,

I have experienced a similar problem recently on a brand new Windows 8 environment.

I found the solution by installing v.5.00 of Across. I found the old set-up files and completed the installation via SQL 2005. I applied the v.5.5 as a patch.
Now Across is working with v.5.5. However, I have failed to install SQL 2008 Express.
I have sent reports and related files to Across support and am expecting a reply from them.

I hope you can find better solutions.
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
français vers polonais
+ ...
Cheatinng... Jan 15, 2013

Metin ÖZTÜRK wrote:

I can but confirm Across inheritates MS SQL Express installation problems.
I.e. sometimes MS SQL Express provided with Access can't be set up because some newer patches/fizes from MS are installed.
However, it's possible to "cheat" the Across installation routines by replacing the MS SQL version provided with Across by the latest version available from MS.
I didn't test it with MS SQL 2008 Express but it worked as a charm for older Across versions shipped with MS SQL 2005 Express.
It may be the same pattern i.e. the Across programmers don't test thoroughly they installation routines and provide obsolete runtimes.

PS
Recently I upgraded some 5.x. version shipped with MS SQL 2005 to 5.5 and it worked as a charm.
If everything fails, the solution Metin proposed seems a good workaround.

Cheers
GG

Jon Hedemann
Jon Hedemann  Identity Verified
Danemark
anglais vers danois
+ ...
Similar issues Mar 10, 2013

I have similar issues with installation of/upgrade to Across v5.5.

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 x64 (Danish).

Firstly, I am completely unable to install the new setup packages. I have tried various package versions of both Across v5.5 and 5.3 without success.

These are the packages I've tried:
Across_v5.5_en_Client_PE.zip
Across_v5.3_en_Client_PE.zip

Finally, I managed to locate an old install package - Across_v5.0_SP1_en_PE_SQLX.zip -
... See more
I have similar issues with installation of/upgrade to Across v5.5.

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 x64 (Danish).

Firstly, I am completely unable to install the new setup packages. I have tried various package versions of both Across v5.5 and 5.3 without success.

These are the packages I've tried:
Across_v5.5_en_Client_PE.zip
Across_v5.3_en_Client_PE.zip

Finally, I managed to locate an old install package - Across_v5.0_SP1_en_PE_SQLX.zip - (I was unable to find similar SQLX version of this install packages for the newer version v5.5 and 5.3 on the Across FTP server), which proved more resourceful. However, this failed during the installation of SQL Server Express.

After several attempts, I nevertheless managed to "cheat" the installation of SQL Server Express by installing it prior to running the Across Setup for Across_v5.0_SP1_en_PE.

I did this by instead manually running the command, which Across apparently fails to run (shown in the Across install window), through a separate Command Prompt directly in the underlying \tree\SQLEXPR folder (after quitting the Across installation):
SQLEXPR.EXE /qb ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine SAPWD=sa!123456 DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 SECURITYMODE=SQL REBOOT=ReallySuppress SQLAUTOSTART=1 SQLBROWSERAUTOSTART=1 SQLACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NETVÆRKSTJENESTE" AGTACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NETVÆRKSTJENESTE" SQLBROWSERACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\LOKAL TJENESTE" INSTANCENAME=ACROSS. Error: 0xc1, description: %1 er ikke et gyldigt Win32-program
The command line contains all the necessary configuration details for correct setup/configuration of the Across SQL database.
(Please note that this contains text in Danish that may not apply to your installation.)

Once I had done this, I was able to successfully complete the Across_v5.0_SP1_en_PE installation by re-running it. I was subsequently able to open Across successfully, which then ran a number of updates automatically. As a result, I'm now on version 'v.5.00 SP1_B__en Package version: 10'.

As mentioned above, however, I'm not able to upgrade the installation to v5.5 or 5.3.
When running the Across Setup of these install packages, I can't get past the language selection window. The setup simply fails/halts (and suggest running the setup file with modified Compatibility Settings, which also fails/halts the installation with no visible reason as to why...).
In an attempt to resolve this, I tried following a similar route regarding the SQL Server Express, and even managed to upgrade this by running the newer install file SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe found in the underlying tree\SQLEXPR2008R2 folder (of the Across_v5.5_en_Client_PE install package). But this didn't change anything regarding my problems with upgrading Across itself.

And yes, I have reported all this to Across support (yesterday).

Does anyone have any insights or solutions (possibly manual) for the upgrade issues I'm experiencing?

Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2013-03-10 02:33 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-03-10 02:41 GMT]
Collapse

Anita Trienpont
Anita Trienpont
Espagne
allemand vers néerlandais
+ ...
Problem with Across Personal Edition 5.5. Installation Mar 13, 2013

Until a couple of days ago my Across version 5.3 worked fine.

Due to the recent update to version 5.5 I was asked to upgrade. Unfortunately the upgrade went wrong. I tried to uninstall my old version, but nothing seems to help to get Across working again.
I already reinstalled that SQL server etc, but Across keeps giving me an error and does not get further than the error message "SQL Server Database Express server has not been installed".
I sent a couple of emails to t
... See more
Until a couple of days ago my Across version 5.3 worked fine.

Due to the recent update to version 5.5 I was asked to upgrade. Unfortunately the upgrade went wrong. I tried to uninstall my old version, but nothing seems to help to get Across working again.
I already reinstalled that SQL server etc, but Across keeps giving me an error and does not get further than the error message "SQL Server Database Express server has not been installed".
I sent a couple of emails to the support of Across, but they did not reply yet.

And whatever I try: it does not work. Not even my old 5.3, which puts me into troubles, as I have a couple of deadlines.

If anyone found a "quick solution" in the meantime, I would be grateful if you could drop me a note.

Those who have not yet upgraded to edition 5.5: be carefull, as you might loose quite a couple of hours trying to get it working....
Collapse

Jon Hedemann
Jon Hedemann  Identity Verified
Danemark
anglais vers danois
+ ...
Solved - with the help of Across Support Mar 18, 2013

Since I haven't worked with Across before, Across Support solved this for me by suggesting that I'd contact one of my clients (that uses Across) and get them to send me a test Across project.

I contacted a client, and they first sent me a .cap file (with my user credentials) and my client then assigned a small test project to me through Across.

Once I had logged in with my user credentials, Across suggested that I'd upgrade to the latest version. I accepted, and everyth
... See more
Since I haven't worked with Across before, Across Support solved this for me by suggesting that I'd contact one of my clients (that uses Across) and get them to send me a test Across project.

I contacted a client, and they first sent me a .cap file (with my user credentials) and my client then assigned a small test project to me through Across.

Once I had logged in with my user credentials, Across suggested that I'd upgrade to the latest version. I accepted, and everything was done correctly this time 'round. I'm now on the latest version (v5.5).

However, Across Support have assured me that they are still working on a proper installer/patch for users coming from earlier versions of Across.

Note: Remember to be patient during this upgrade process from within Across, since it can take a long time to complete (even on a newer system) and doesn't prompt the user of the stages in the process during the installation.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Across Personal Edition 5.5 installation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »