Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:15
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 4, 2013

Hi collegues,
I'm experiencing an issue, which already occurred several times with ttx and wordfast files.
When I work at fttx or wordfast Pro files, I perform this procedure:
- I pretranslate the file with Trados Workbench or Wordfast,
- I import the file into DV
- Although I have the 100% match in the TM, the previously translated segment doesn't appear automatically in the target segment. This occurs neither when I use the pretranslate function, nor during the tr
... See more
Hi collegues,
I'm experiencing an issue, which already occurred several times with ttx and wordfast files.
When I work at fttx or wordfast Pro files, I perform this procedure:
- I pretranslate the file with Trados Workbench or Wordfast,
- I import the file into DV
- Although I have the 100% match in the TM, the previously translated segment doesn't appear automatically in the target segment. This occurs neither when I use the pretranslate function, nor during the translation step with ctrl+downarrow.

I mean I've two very similar files. I translated the first ne, then I pretranslated the second one. However, no previously translated segment (in the first file) was inserted in the target segments. I went on a segment which I knew had already been translated in the previous file, I could see the translation below, in the AutoSearch Segments window (marked as 100%) but it was not in the target segment in the translation window. I should do CTRL+ALT+E to insert the translation. However, this is quite annoying as it is a very long file.

Is it a problem with the filters, the files or the system setup?
Thanks for your help!

Lucia
Collapse

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
For TTX files... Jul 4, 2013

... you'll first need to clear all translations from the target side (right click -> "Clear all translations") otherwise Pretranslate won't overwrite them and AutoAssemble won't work on ctrl+down.

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To import ttx files you need the target column pretranslated Jul 4, 2013

The problem is that when you import a ttx file into DV, you need to have the target column written with source (if no match) and with fuzzy matches taken from the client's file/TM during pretranslation, which have to be kept locked. Then, after importing the file you should send to the TM (to keep locked segments and fuzzy matches) to save and get them later. Then you delete all target column.

But at this point, when (after the above) you pretranslate the file, you get 100% fuzzy ma
... See more
The problem is that when you import a ttx file into DV, you need to have the target column written with source (if no match) and with fuzzy matches taken from the client's file/TM during pretranslation, which have to be kept locked. Then, after importing the file you should send to the TM (to keep locked segments and fuzzy matches) to save and get them later. Then you delete all target column.

But at this point, when (after the above) you pretranslate the file, you get 100% fuzzy matches identical to the source, as the TM consider exact translation the segments previously sent to the TM in the first step.

I know this is quite difficult to explain....

But, how can I avoid this?

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:15
English to Turkish
+ ...
Segment selector Jul 4, 2013

I would first select segments with 0% match with SQL filter

Percentage_XXXX = 0

And then clear translations in this View.

Perhaps it is better to select segments with match rate below 60 (and clear translations)
Percentage_XXXX < 60

I would select (and lock) 100% matches

Percentage_XXXX = 100

You can select and view any range of matches, e.g. 90 to 99 matches possibly require only a code or punctuat
... See more
I would first select segments with 0% match with SQL filter

Percentage_XXXX = 0

And then clear translations in this View.

Perhaps it is better to select segments with match rate below 60 (and clear translations)
Percentage_XXXX < 60

I would select (and lock) 100% matches

Percentage_XXXX = 100

You can select and view any range of matches, e.g. 90 to 99 matches possibly require only a code or punctuation correction.

Percentage_XXXX BETWEEN 90 AND 99
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DV doesn't get previously translated segments

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »