TargetLanguages
TargetLanguages  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:49
German to English
+ ...
Feb 1, 2022

Hi everyone,

In your experience, which of the available CAT tools out there do the best job in supporting you with dynamic MT suggestions during translation work? We all know the "static" MT suggestions you receive along with TM and TB matches when you first click in a new segment. But which CAT tool allows the MT plugin to keep assisting you at this point when you want to change the sentence structure or word choice while working that same segment? Lilt calls this adaptive or inter
... See more
Hi everyone,

In your experience, which of the available CAT tools out there do the best job in supporting you with dynamic MT suggestions during translation work? We all know the "static" MT suggestions you receive along with TM and TB matches when you first click in a new segment. But which CAT tool allows the MT plugin to keep assisting you at this point when you want to change the sentence structure or word choice while working that same segment? Lilt calls this adaptive or interactive MT. Tools like memoQ and Memsource only give you one static suggestion per segment without any adaptive support. And SDL Trados only fragments the initial MT suggestion, instead of adapting to your sentence/word preference.

Hope this is an interesting topic for everyone.
Best wishes,
Sancho
Collapse

RoyMarie
RoyMarie
United States
Local time: 09:49
Dynamically updating adaptive MT Feb 1, 2022

ModernMT works with MateCat and learns dynamically and is worth a look if you are interested in this subject.

This article give you a good overview: https://kv-emptypages.blogspot.com/2021/05/modernmt-closer-look-at-emerging.html

Michael Davies
Elias Seidel

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:49
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Cattitude! Feb 1, 2022

Cattitude is also a very interesting new tool in this area: https://www.c4ttitude.com/

Elias Seidel

Emal Ghamsharick
Emal Ghamsharick  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:49
English to German
+ ...
DeepL Desktop app Feb 22, 2022

DeepL's Desktop app (https://www.deepl.com/en/app/) adapts to your input and edits, but like Google Translate, it only works for raw text, not for documents.

Elias Seidel
Elias Seidel
United States
Local time: 12:49
English to Portuguese
ModernMT and Cattitude Mar 31, 2022

TargetLanguages wrote:

Hi everyone,

In your experience, which of the available CAT tools out there do the best job in supporting you with dynamic MT suggestions during translation work? We all know the "static" MT suggestions you receive along with TM and TB matches when you first click in a new segment. But which CAT tool allows the MT plugin to keep assisting you at this point when you want to change the sentence structure or word choice while working that same segment? Lilt calls this adaptive or interactive MT. Tools like memoQ and Memsource only give you one static suggestion per segment without any adaptive support. And SDL Trados only fragments the initial MT suggestion, instead of adapting to your sentence/word preference.

Hope this is an interesting topic for everyone.
Best wishes,
Sancho

I have been testing ModernMT in this new CAT tool called Cattitude, and ModernMT really learns from corrections and editings in a segment level. Also, in Cattitude there is this new feature that allows you to add a term/word or expression, and their translations (with very few clicks). The word/term is picked up (recognized) by ModernMT and translated as you want. This is a great combination of human and machine translation. I believe only Cattitude has this feature.

[Edited at 2022-04-01 00:32 GMT]

ELIAS SEIDEL

Cecilia Yalangozian
Cecilia Yalangozian
Argentina
Local time: 13:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Adaptive MT list Dec 29, 2022

Hey guys!

This is a very interesting topic. I remember it caught my eye the first time I heard about Lilt several years ago, and now it has evolved so much!

I am currently working at a non-profit org, where we make machine translation information available in a simple and neutral way for every user profile.
These last months, I have gathered a list of Adaptive engines and am currently working on a way to display their CAT support on the website.

For n
... See more
Hey guys!

This is a very interesting topic. I remember it caught my eye the first time I heard about Lilt several years ago, and now it has evolved so much!

I am currently working at a non-profit org, where we make machine translation information available in a simple and neutral way for every user profile.
These last months, I have gathered a list of Adaptive engines and am currently working on a way to display their CAT support on the website.

For now, if you click on an API, you will see under "Customisation" if it is adaptive or not, plus other customisation options (formality, glossary, etc.)

https://machinetranslate.org/modernmt

I will add CAT support soon.

Take a look! Hope you find it useful or interesting... or both!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adaptive/interactive MT support in CAT tools

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »