OpenAI ousts its CEO
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Nov 18, 2023

https://www.zdnet.com/article/openai-ousts-its-ceo-sam-altman-the-face-of-generative-ai/

sunny mahi
sunny mahi
Pakistan
OpenAI ousts its CEO Nov 18, 2023

As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, I don't have any information about OpenAI ousting its CEO. Leadership changes and corporate developments can occur, and I recommend checking the latest and most reliable news sources or OpenAI's official announcements for the most up-to-date information on the organization's leadership follow link for more detail :https://astroluna.org/2023/11/07/chontico-dia-resultado-6-noviembre-2023/

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:09
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hmm Nov 18, 2023

I wonder what that's all about?

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
The three Rs Nov 18, 2023

Money, power, influence ...

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Today's newspaper Nov 24, 2023

Michael Beijer wrote:

Just before the resignation of OpenAI chief Sam Altman, scientists from the tech company warned the board by letter about a new sweeping discovery the company had made. A technological breakthrough with the potential to "damage humanity" and make millions of jobs obsolete.

With OpenAI's new technical invention, the language model might be able to go a step further. Experts envision an AI system that not only answers questions, but can achieve goals. A system that you give a goal and then independently tries all kinds of steps until it reaches its goal. That poses all sorts of risks, such as systems being used to circumvent digital security or harm individuals.

That the OpenAI board put on the brakes is thus logically explainable, according to experts. "If you give a language model, for example, the task of improving itself, it becomes very risky," they say. "A model then starts tinkering with itself. It's going to initiate its own development or perhaps copy itself. Before you know it, you're no longer in control."

[Edited at 2023-11-24 09:01 GMT]

Michele Fauble

Aurélien ARPAZ
Aurélien ARPAZ
Local time: 21:09
German to French
+ ...
An answer... Nov 25, 2023

Michael Beijer wrote:

Just ask Microsoft: they know!

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
He returned as CEO Dec 1, 2023

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but ... Dec 1, 2023

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

Yes, but a critical voice went.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 21:09
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Ping pong CEO Dec 1, 2023

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

It was probably just a show.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OpenAI ousts its CEO

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »