Juan Perello  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 02:43
Member (2005)
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 13, 2006

Hello

A few weeks ago I signed up for the standard hosting and everything seems normal with the site I uploaded. However, things are not so good with the email.
I have sent mails from the main address via webmail with squirrell mail and there is no problem, but I just can't receive anymail send to that address.
I have read the faqs and so on but I just can't find anywhere a solution.
Do I have to set up something in the control panel?

Thank you.

David Meléndez Tormen
David Meléndez Tormen  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same here Dec 13, 2006

I haven´t received any mail this morning, and as a result I missed an urgent job a client had sent (he called to check the translation status--that´s how I learnt something bad was happening with the mail server).

Does it have to do with the database upgrade performed today in the site?

This is not the first time this happens--I remember having had a similar problem a few months ago, with a lot of members complaining in the forum.

Is it that difficult to
... See more
I haven´t received any mail this morning, and as a result I missed an urgent job a client had sent (he called to check the translation status--that´s how I learnt something bad was happening with the mail server).

Does it have to do with the database upgrade performed today in the site?

This is not the first time this happens--I remember having had a similar problem a few months ago, with a lot of members complaining in the forum.

Is it that difficult to anticipate this problem, and at the very least to post a notice on a visible area of the home page, warning about potential mail troubles?

It´s great that the site does its upgrades and fixes, but not at the expense of lost business for its members.

David
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
We'll look into it Dec 13, 2006

Thanks for this report. We will look into it.

It would not have been related to the upgrade.

justin C
justin C
United States
English
juanluis: it looks like a glitch caused your probem. David, your account is over quota Dec 13, 2006

Hello everyone,

juanluis: I did some snooping around on the hosting server and found that your mails should have been arriving to your primary email address, but we're not due to what appears to be a CPanel glitch. Your default address was set to ':blackhole:', which means incoming mails not addressed to any of your active email accounts will be discarded. It appears as though your normal mail wasn't coming in as normal though. I removed the :blackhole: default address, and you shou
... See more
Hello everyone,

juanluis: I did some snooping around on the hosting server and found that your mails should have been arriving to your primary email address, but we're not due to what appears to be a CPanel glitch. Your default address was set to ':blackhole:', which means incoming mails not addressed to any of your active email accounts will be discarded. It appears as though your normal mail wasn't coming in as normal though. I removed the :blackhole: default address, and you should have now received the test email I sent you.

David, your account is over it's disk quota, which is why your emails are being backed up. Please free up some space whenever you get a chance (your primary email account seems to be eating up most of your available space), and your emails from today will come through as normal.

Feel free to email me directly if either of you need additional assistance!

Best regards,
Justin
Collapse

David Meléndez Tormen
David Meléndez Tormen  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Dec 14, 2006

Thanks, Justin, your solution seems to work. My apologies for coming to conclusions too fast.

Regards,
David

Juan Perello
Juan Perello  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2005)
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Dec 14, 2006

Thanks Justin.
Now everything works fine

Regards
Juan Luis

Veronique Boulet
Veronique Boulet
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Same here... Dec 18, 2006

Hello!

It is the same for me. I have this problem since Tuesday. And now I can't have access to Horde.

Justin : I sent you a ticket - Hope you got it.

Thanks for your help.

It is now an urgent matter....

Véronique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

e-mail sending but not receiving

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »