Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:23
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Good question... Aug 9, 2023

Philip Lees wrote:
The people who are most likely to volunteer as testers are those who have a good idea how to phrase a question for ChatGPT in a way that is likely to get a productive answer. They may even already be using ChatGPT in this way.

Good point... will ProZ.com send the source term to Chat GPT or will ProZ.com send the asker's additional notes to Chat GPT?

I originally thought it would be the former, i.e. ProZ.com would send a generic question to Chat GPT in the format "Please translate %1 from %2 to %3, and give only the translation as the answer", where the variables are populated according to the information supplied by the asker.

If the asker's notes are also sent to Chat GPT, will the asker be made aware that his notes are no longer visible to ProZ.com members only but to the bot as well?

I'm available for testing, by the way.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 14:23
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Agree or disagree... the same old story Aug 10, 2023

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Screenshot_11

Instead of seeing disagrees with unprofessional justifications like "We don't say that in Brazil" and similar ones, I think I'm going to see a lot more if this option goes ahead.
I really hope I am wrong.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:23
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
so here goes nothing Aug 10, 2023

my first test question using the new AI thingee:

https://www2.proz.com/kudoz/english-to-dutch/energy-power-generation/7146922-peak-trimming.html

The first thing I've noticed is that the AI system doesn't run a search on previous KudoZ questions. Hmm.

[Edited at 2023-08-10 18:23 GMT]

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:23
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Go for it, please Aug 11, 2023

I'm curious what answers AI would give on all the numerous questions that are clearly based on typos of the source term or phrase or which result from a text that was generated by a non-native speaker or even worse, by an AI system: Would then AI always opt for the AI solution, to cheat and deceive the human participants? And what about introducing AI as an asker profile in KudoZ?

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AI set to make waves on KudoZ: volunteer testers needed

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »