Mentoring program - what kind of experience you have had with it to date?
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:02
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 17, 2008

I was wondering if anyone has experience yet with the mentoring program and, if so, what kind of experience you have had with it to date.

Have you noticed any benefits, or any disadvantages, that have not been mentioned to date when the program was conceived? Are there any further issues that should be addressed? Is ProZ.com's official involvement in the program adequate, or is everything left, in the end, to the mentors and mentees?

I would particularly be interested t
... See more
I was wondering if anyone has experience yet with the mentoring program and, if so, what kind of experience you have had with it to date.

Have you noticed any benefits, or any disadvantages, that have not been mentioned to date when the program was conceived? Are there any further issues that should be addressed? Is ProZ.com's official involvement in the program adequate, or is everything left, in the end, to the mentors and mentees?

I would particularly be interested to hear from mentors who have become involved, but also mentees.

Astrid

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-02-18 18:59]
Collapse

Elena Robles Sanjuan
Elena Robles Sanjuan  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Could you please clarify? Feb 18, 2008

Hi Astrid,

I think I´m a bit lost here, as I have no idea which mentoring program you are referring to. Can you let me know, please?. I´m interested too.

Many thanks

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Certainly Feb 18, 2008

Hi Elena,

You will get the information here.

http://www.proz.com/faq/mentoring#mentoring_whatis

I am participating in the program together with a recent graduate and wondered who else was taking part in the program so far, and whether we could collect experiences, which would no doubt assist Soledad, who is in charge of the program, in developing t
... See more
Hi Elena,

You will get the information here.

http://www.proz.com/faq/mentoring#mentoring_whatis

I am participating in the program together with a recent graduate and wondered who else was taking part in the program so far, and whether we could collect experiences, which would no doubt assist Soledad, who is in charge of the program, in developing the program further.

I already can see a few possible developments, and a number of things which could be done to fine-tune it, but I was fishing to find the other people participating in the scheme first.

Astrid

P.S. The idea was initiated by the ProZ.com student community, who are keen to have such a scheme, to create opportunities.

[Edited at 2008-02-18 15:59]
Collapse

Elena Robles Sanjuan
Elena Robles Sanjuan  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Many thanks indeed Feb 18, 2008

It really sounds like an interesting opportunity for both experienced and novice translators.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mentoring program - what kind of experience you have had with it to date?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »