Lotte Bulckens
Lotte Bulckens  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:52
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 25, 2021

Hello,

I have subscribed to the DeepL Pro API plan and downloaded the plugin. But when going through the setup wizard, my Trados Studio version is greyed out. Because of this I have even upgraded from Studio 2017 to Studio 2019 thinking this would solve the problem... But nope... my Studio 2019 version doesn't even show up in the wizard... Any idea why this may be? It looks like the plugin wizard is looking for my Trados Studio versio non my PC but can't find it...?

Wo
... See more
Hello,

I have subscribed to the DeepL Pro API plan and downloaded the plugin. But when going through the setup wizard, my Trados Studio version is greyed out. Because of this I have even upgraded from Studio 2017 to Studio 2019 thinking this would solve the problem... But nope... my Studio 2019 version doesn't even show up in the wizard... Any idea why this may be? It looks like the plugin wizard is looking for my Trados Studio versio non my PC but can't find it...?

Would be great to have some ideas, tips, help
Thanks!

Lotte
Collapse

Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Have you installed all available updates for Trados 2019 May 25, 2021

Hi,
I had trouble with this until I installed the latest Trados update.

Lotte Bulckens
Lotte Bulckens  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Studio 2019 + DeepL plugin May 25, 2021

Hello Mark,

Thank you so much for your reply!
Yes, I had downloaded the latest version. I have been able to get in contact with someone from SDL and he suggests to uninstall and reinstall Studio 2019 because he believes the installation may be corrupt... Thing is I am actually working on my translation in Studio 2019 (without the plugin...) and it looks like all is fine... Later today I will do as I am told (i.e. uninstall and reinstall) and see what that gives... In the meanw
... See more
Hello Mark,

Thank you so much for your reply!
Yes, I had downloaded the latest version. I have been able to get in contact with someone from SDL and he suggests to uninstall and reinstall Studio 2019 because he believes the installation may be corrupt... Thing is I am actually working on my translation in Studio 2019 (without the plugin...) and it looks like all is fine... Later today I will do as I am told (i.e. uninstall and reinstall) and see what that gives... In the meanwhile I am storing my translation in my file based TM and will keep my fingers crossed...
Thanks for your helping hand
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DeepL Plugin for Trados Studio 2019

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »