Jean-Christophe Duc
Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:33
English to French
+ ...
Sep 16, 2021

Hi,
I need to update a file by applying a TM (I have multiple files that come pretranslated, but I would kike to be able to apply my TM to them before proofing it to avoid having to repeat x edits).
I have tried pre-translate, but that does update the segments and I have to insert them manually as 100% matches.

Paolo Sebastiani
Paolo Sebastiani  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
You need to tweak the function Pre-Translate Sep 16, 2021

If you want you can contact me and I will explain you - [email protected]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:33
English to Russian
Pre-translate settings Sep 16, 2021

When you run the pre-translate batch task, you can change settings to 'Always overwrite existing translation'. Also, set a lower 'Minimum match value' and check 'Confirm' boxes.
You can get the right settings window either in the Pre-translate wizard or in Project Settings (not Options)
2021-09-16_192344*UPD: Probably you don't even need to change the minimum match value and the overwrite mode. Try minimum changes first: just check the 'Confirm' boxes. If this doesn't help, try other changes: first select 'Overwrite existing translation if better match found', then, if no effect again, try 'Always overwrite existing translation'.

[Edited at 2021-09-16 17:27 GMT]

expressisverbis

Jean-Christophe Duc
Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 16, 2021

to both, I'll experiment later today.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to apply a TM to an existing xliff/pretranslated file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »