Thread poster: Stevens Estervil
Stevens Estervil
Stevens Estervil  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
Local time: 01:31
Spanish to French
+ ...
Oct 5, 2021

How can I fix this error in Trados Studio 2017: "Failed to save target content: an item with the same key has already been added".

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 06:31
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Have you seen this? Oct 7, 2021

Try to follow these steps below and see if it works.

I'd try to open the sdlxliff you are translating as if it was a new single file project. Then see if you can save the target from that.

If you can't then create a new Project from your source files and pretranslate from your TM.

If that doesn't work then try a Studio reset. Rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart Studio:

... See more
Try to follow these steps below and see if it works.

I'd try to open the sdlxliff you are translating as if it was a new single file project. Then see if you can save the target from that.

If you can't then create a new Project from your source files and pretranslate from your TM.

If that doesn't work then try a Studio reset. Rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart Studio:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\14.0.0.0

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/10464/i-m-getting-this-error-after-my-trados-2017-updated-this-morning-failed-to-save-target-content-an-item-with-the-same-key-has-already-been-added

Good luck!

[Edited at 2021-10-07 16:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-10-07 16:56 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to fix this error in Trados 2017

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »