Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 09:27
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 12, 2021

I closed my project yesterday evening after having kept it opened for more than a week without turning off the computer during the night. When I re-started Studio this morning, this pop-up was displayed when Studio was launching:

TM data is corrupt
The translation memory 'XXX' could not be opened and has been disabled.
Try repairing the TM data in a TM Repair application.

Overall, everything takes longer than normal in the Studio interface, such as navigatin
... See more
I closed my project yesterday evening after having kept it opened for more than a week without turning off the computer during the night. When I re-started Studio this morning, this pop-up was displayed when Studio was launching:

TM data is corrupt
The translation memory 'XXX' could not be opened and has been disabled.
Try repairing the TM data in a TM Repair application.

Overall, everything takes longer than normal in the Studio interface, such as navigating from menu options and tabs.

But the TM is not disabled, and it has the same settings applied as before when I checked now in Project settings. And the TM gives the hits it should.

What happened, and is there anything to worry about? It should, but as it works as normal now with my TM, I think I can continue translating without using time on trying to solve this.
Collapse

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Where is this TM stored? Oct 12, 2021

Is it possible that you store this TM online or on an external drive that is now disconnected?

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
more than a week Oct 12, 2021

" after having kept it opened for more than a week without turning off the computer during the night".

I'm afraid this may be the basic reason for this issue (and possibly others as well). The IT technology is a game of bugs and patches. When you keep the computer and the software operating non-stop for such a long time, errors accumulate, and accumulate, and... until the system is no more able to fix them on-the-fly and a bigger problem occurs like in your case. You might w
... See more
" after having kept it opened for more than a week without turning off the computer during the night".

I'm afraid this may be the basic reason for this issue (and possibly others as well). The IT technology is a game of bugs and patches. When you keep the computer and the software operating non-stop for such a long time, errors accumulate, and accumulate, and... until the system is no more able to fix them on-the-fly and a bigger problem occurs like in your case. You might want to report this issue to the SDL customer service (BTW do they still work under this brand or already another? I'm not sure).
Collapse

Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
I have had this a couple of times Oct 12, 2021

I had this with a couple of large projects.

But as you say, while it is alarming, "normal operation" seems to resume, and it has not caused me any problems.

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No more pop-up about corrupt data Oct 13, 2021

I could continue as normal and translate after I had closed that pop-up about corrupt data. Then I run a big Windows update, and re-started the computer several times. And I haven't had that pop-up displayed anymore.

Elena, it could have been as you suggested, that the external drive was temporarily disconnected. Because I have all data on my external drive.

Elena Feriani

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2021: TM data is corrupt

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »