Andrus Lauringson
Andrus Lauringson  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 16:57
Member (2022)
English to Estonian
Nov 29, 2021

Hello,

Is there a way for displaying total number of segments in editor view if several files are opened simultaneously in Trados?

It seems that in MemoQ the total number is displayed by default (when a view with several files is created), but I haven't found a way for doing the same in Trados.

Thanks in advance!
Andrus

Sakshi Garg
Sakshi Garg  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 19:27
Yes, there is a way :-) Here are the steps: Nov 29, 2021

Hi,

Please follow these steps:
1. Right click on the project file from the "Projects" pannel:
2. There will be several options like View project files, batch tasks, project settings, mark as complete, ete. > You need to select "Batch tasks".
3. Then please select "Wordcount"
4. The report will be generated wherein, the total number of segments segregated by new segments, repetitive ones, etc. will be displayed. You can find the total number of segments in "To
... See more
Hi,

2. There will be several options like View project files, batch tasks, project settings, mark as complete, ete. > You need to select "Batch tasks".
4. The report will be generated wherein, the total number of segments segregated by new segments, repetitive ones, etc. will be displayed. You can find the total number of segments in "Total" field.

Thanks.

[Edited at 2021-11-29 20:01 GMT]
Collapse

Andrus Lauringson
Estonia
Member (2022)
English to Estonian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 30, 2021

What I'd like to have is segment numbers in editor view not restarting for each file but grow continuously:

like for example in MemoQ, if there are 80 files, each 10 segments, then the numbers go from 1 to 800,
so it's very easy to see how many segments are done out of total.

In Trados they go to from 1 to 10, then start from 1 again - which is a bit confusing imho.

But getting the overall number as a report is useful too, thanks for that!

Sakshi Garg wrote:

Hi,

4. The report will be generated wherein, the total number of segments segregated by new segments, repetitive ones, etc. will be displayed. You can find the total number of segments in "Total" field.

Thanks.

[Edited at 2021-11-29 20:01 GMT]

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 15:57
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
A weakness in Trados Studio Nov 30, 2021

Andrus Lauringson wrote:

What I'd like to have is segment numbers in editor view not restarting for each file but grow continuously:like for example in MemoQ, if there are 80 files, each 10 segments, then the numbers go from 1 to 800, so it's very easy to see how many segments are done out of total.
[/quote]

I agree, this is also frustrating when you do a Verify, and the warning says that a segment is translated different from segment no. so-and-so without indicating which document the other segment is in. I've learned just to search for the two segments and choose the translation I like the best, but I find memoQ is much, much better in this regard.

I may mention that also Deja Vu numbers the segments consequtively if you choose the project view rather than individual document views, and I find this much better than in Studio.

Darius Sciuka
Darius Sciuka  Identity Verified
Lithuania
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Segment Count Display Nov 30, 2021

Double click the Not Translated/Translated word count on the bottom status bar in the Editor view. Then you will be able to select segment count to be displayed instead of word count. The count updates as you go, and you will be able to see the number of segments done and remaining in the current view.

Andrus Lauringson

Andrus Lauringson
Estonia
Member (2022)
English to Estonian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 30, 2021

Thank you very much!

Darius Sciuka wrote:

Double click the Not Translated/Translated word count on the bottom status bar in the Editor view. Then you will be able to select segment count to be displayed instead of word count. The count updates as you go, and you will be able to see the number of segments done and remaining in the current view.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Total segment count in Trados?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »