Error message: ICML tag missing
Thread poster: Steffen Kern
Steffen Kern
Steffen Kern
Local time: 19:03
English to German
Dec 13, 2021

Hi,

a client sent me several (hundred) ICML files for translation. However, I received the following error message when creating the project in Trados Studio 2021 SR2 16.2.8.9097.

Pres-Scanning Error: ICML Tag is missing

I had to activate the File Type option „Process unsupported file versions“ already, just to get to t
... See more
Hi,

a client sent me several (hundred) ICML files for translation. However, I received the following error message when creating the project in Trados Studio 2021 SR2 16.2.8.9097.

Pres-Scanning Error: ICML Tag is missing

I had to activate the File Type option „Process unsupported file versions“ already, just to get to this error message. Also, I can open IDML versions of the content, but due to layouting concerns, the client needs the final files to be ICML.

Has anybody ever encountered the same problem?
Any idea how to solve this, would be very much appreciated.
Collapse

Steffen Kern
Steffen Kern
Local time: 19:03
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Sub-folder issue Dec 15, 2021

As it turned out, Trados can’t cope with folders of ICML files, unless the ICML files are immediately in the respective folder.
While it is possible to add MS Office source files that are located in a sub-folder of the added folder, this is not the case for ICML.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message: ICML tag missing

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »