Issues with Studio 2017 and Windows 11 (Language Weaver and Creating Return Packages)
Thread poster: Nick Brisland, BA (Hons)
Nick Brisland, BA (Hons)
Nick Brisland, BA (Hons)
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:22
Member (2013)
German to English
Dec 23, 2021

When I try to log on to the Language Weaver plug-in I get a message saying that the MTCloud Host could not be reached. My login details and my internet connection are both fine and I have subscribed to a Language Weaver subscription. It just doesn't want to work.

I also get a message when trying to create a return package saying that the files are being used by another process.
... See more
When I try to log on to the Language Weaver plug-in I get a message saying that the MTCloud Host could not be reached. My login details and my internet connection are both fine and I have subscribed to a Language Weaver subscription. It just doesn't want to work.

I also get a message when trying to create a return package saying that the files are being used by another process. I have followed the recommendations here: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000008657 but again, to no avail.

Trados is up to date (as is the Language Weaver plug-in). I'm running Studio 2017 on Windows 11. Is anyone else having these problem? Could both problems be put down to a clash between Studio 17 and Windows 11? Both issues first appeared about a month ago, when I updated to Windows 11, so I have to assume it's more than coincidence. I have logged a case with SDL support about both of these issues, but unfortunately, no solution was offered.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:22
English to Russian
No solution Dec 23, 2021

Nick Brisland, BA (Hons), AITI wrote:
I have logged a case with SDL support about both of these issues, but unfortunately, no solution was offered.
You posted your question at the SDL Community website at 13:46. Then, at 13:47, you go with "no solution was offered" here. Probably, you should give them more than 1 minute to respond?

[Edited at 2021-12-23 11:32 GMT]

Nick Brisland, BA (Hons)
Nick Brisland, BA (Hons)
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:22
Member (2013)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
n/a Dec 23, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

I have logged a case with SDL support about both of these issues, but unfortunately, no solution was offered.
You posted your question at the SDL Community website at 13:46. Then, at 13:47, you go with "no solution was offered" here. Probably, you should give them more than 1 minute to respond?

[Edited at 2021-12-23 11:32 GMT]

I logged my case with SDL support (not the forum) over a week ago. They suggested a couple of things, one of which was posting the question on the forum you refer to.

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:22
English to Russian
Right, RWS Community is the only place to log cases Dec 23, 2021

I logged my case with SDL support (not the forum) over a week ago. They suggested a couple of things, one of which was posting the question on the forum you refer to.
Ah, I see now. Right, posting a question is the only official way of "logging cases" with RWS. They don't accept other methods like emailing RWS support (not to mention SDL), etc.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issues with Studio 2017 and Windows 11 (Language Weaver and Creating Return Packages)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »