Lorenzo Rossi  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:08
German to Italian
+ ...
Dec 23, 2021

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen

I have following problem:
I'm translating a large file wich is due on 27.12. Today Trados suddenly stopped to work, while I was taking a short cofee break. Now every time I try to launch Trados a window saying "welcome at Trados Studio" "this assistent helps you installating Trados Studio for the first time" (translated from German) appears. I have saved the files on my laptop too, so I can do the translation on my laptop, but the problem is, that I
... See more
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen

I have following problem:
I'm translating a large file wich is due on 27.12. Today Trados suddenly stopped to work, while I was taking a short cofee break. Now every time I try to launch Trados a window saying "welcome at Trados Studio" "this assistent helps you installating Trados Studio for the first time" (translated from German) appears. I have saved the files on my laptop too, so I can do the translation on my laptop, but the problem is, that I have lost other files.
Is there a way to solve this problem?

Regards

Lorenzo Rossi
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 16:08
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Lorenzo, have you tried... Dec 23, 2021

... to run a repair to Studio?

https://gateway.sdl.com/articles/SolutionArticles/000001414?articleName=000004442

Stepan Konev

Helene Carrasco-Nabih
Helene Carrasco-Nabih  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 16:08
Member (2018)
German to French
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Subscription/ HelpDesk Rumania Dec 23, 2021

Hello,

I would advise you to take out a yearly subscription at the SDL HelpDesk (Rumania). SDL Support Maintenance Level = 139 Euro per year. Highly professional, helpful and patient engineers in Bucarest. It will save you TIME and NERVES.

https://gateway.sdl.com/CommunityCreateCase

Kind regards,
Hélène Carrasco-Nabih/TRADUCTECH

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:08
English to Russian
Before you pay Dec 23, 2021

Try RWS Community. They often solve issues for free. Your something-suddenly-happened issue can have different root causes and remedies, so probably the community would be a better place to ask for help.

[Edited at 2021-12-23 19:23 GMT]

expressisverbis

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
But Dec 23, 2021

Helene Carrasco-Nabih wrote:

I would advise you to take out a yearly subscription at the SDL HelpDesk (Rumania). SDL Support Maintenance Level = 139 Euro per year.

I don't need this for my other mission-critical high-end software of similar or higher complexity. Why do I need it for Trados?

Lorenzo Rossi
Lorenzo Rossi  Identity Verified
Switzerland
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you everybody Dec 23, 2021

Hi everybody

Trados is running again and I did not lost any file. All I had to do is to launch Trados, click on the "continue" button in this welcome window and Trados started to work properly like before.

Best regards and merry Christmas to everybody.

Lo
... See more
Hi everybody

Trados is running again and I did not lost any file. All I had to do is to launch Trados, click on the "continue" button in this welcome window and Trados started to work properly like before.

Best regards and merry Christmas to everybody.

Lorenzo Rossi
Collapse

Stepan Konev
expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados stopped to work after a short break

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »