Thread poster: Annika Abrahamsson
Annika Abrahamsson
Annika Abrahamsson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:28
German to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 26, 2021

I´ve never have this much trouble with Trados before but since I upgraded to 2021 it crashes all the time, I get tons of different error messages (for instance invoke something or other, couldn´t save to memory (or something like that), you´ve tried to something or other too many times, error messages about API for some add-ins (I don´t know which) etc.)) and it´s driving me crazy! I´ve even tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but to my surprise all my previous projects, settings etc. w... See more
I´ve never have this much trouble with Trados before but since I upgraded to 2021 it crashes all the time, I get tons of different error messages (for instance invoke something or other, couldn´t save to memory (or something like that), you´ve tried to something or other too many times, error messages about API for some add-ins (I don´t know which) etc.)) and it´s driving me crazy! I´ve even tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but to my surprise all my previous projects, settings etc. was still there and now it´s impossible to deactivate my license.

What can I do to solve all of this topics so I can concentrate on working instead?

Thanks in advance!
Annika
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I also bought 2021 - big mistake Dec 26, 2021

Luckily I still have my 2015.

And I bought MemoQ.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:28
English to Russian
Uninstall plugins Dec 27, 2021

Annika Abrahamsson wrote:
...API for some add-ins (I don´t know which) etc.
After SR2 and the more so after your upgrade from an older version, some plugins, add-ins, or whatever you call them, need to be re-installed. Go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL plugin installer
and run the Sdl.Community.SdlPluginInstaller.exe
Put down the list of your plugins to restore them later.
Uninstall all the plugins one after the other:
2021-12-27_031046Re-install all the plugins one after the other by selecting their up to date versions.
*If you have SDL WorldServer Components 2021 installed, go to the Control Panel/Programs and Features and uninstall the plugin. Then re-install the right version from Appstore.

If you can't deactivate (or activate) your license, ask RWS to reset it for you by posting a request here: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/licensing
***However, I think you'd better post your cry for help there instead of simply asking them to reset the license. Probably, they will give you some specific instructions.***

[Edited at 2021-12-27 00:37 GMT]

Annika Abrahamsson
Annika Abrahamsson  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Improvment Dec 27, 2021

That helped, thanks!

However, today I get an error message regarding Object reference for the Rapid Add Term plugin. What can that be about?
Also I´m having trouble login in to my RWS account in relation to their QA plugin. Is that something I should talk to RWS support about?

/ Annika

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:28
English to Russian
RWS support Dec 27, 2021

Annika Abrahamsson wrote:
...I´m having trouble login in to my RWS account. Is that something I should talk to RWS support about?
Definitely it is. However they only accept support requests as RWS Community posts. If you can't log in, then how can you post a support request... Er... Probably you should use the Don't remember your password? link to email them and describe your issue.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados crashes all the time and I get tons and tons of different error messages

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »