Hussein Abd-Elatif
Hussein Abd-Elatif  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 13:43
Member (2017)
English to Arabic
Jan 16, 2022

Hi team,
I'm encountering a problem with Trados 2014, your help is highly appreciated.

Files type: xlsx

First: I was looking for how to make TAGs non-editable in my files(protect tags) and I could find a way of adding a specific Regex to the project setting and it worked well with me.

Second: comes the problem when TAGs became protected, the process of pre-translating the files from (Google translate API) was ending with the below error and I can't un
... See more
Hi team,
I'm encountering a problem with Trados 2014, your help is highly appreciated.

Files type: xlsx

First: I was looking for how to make TAGs non-editable in my files(protect tags) and I could find a way of adding a specific Regex to the project setting and it worked well with me.

Second: comes the problem when TAGs became protected, the process of pre-translating the files from (Google translate API) was ending with the below error and I can't understand the reason especially that some files works well without any errors.
It shows: " translation provider threw exception ".

Untitled

More details:
When I enter the excel file without running the MT, the file works well and I can find the source. But, when I start pre-translate it, it gives me the mentioned error.

Kindly advice
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 10:43
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Updated Trados 2014 Jan 17, 2022

Are you sure you have updated your Trados Studio version?

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000004287

Probably you need to upgrade your TMs(?)

I know Google Translate API is not available in Trados Studio 2021. RWS removed it from the list of MT providers in recent versions.

Hussein Abd-Elatif
Hussein Abd-Elatif  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 13:43
Member (2017)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Version 2014 Jan 18, 2022

The point is that I'm not using an internal TM. It's just Google API machine and regarding the version, I'm using 2014 which supports Google API.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 10:43
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Contact the RWS staff Jan 18, 2022

Hussein Abd-Elatif wrote:

The point is that I'm not using an internal TM. It's just Google API machine and regarding the version, I'm using 2014 which supports Google API.

I'm sure they will help you. I couldn't find anything more than the above that could fix that error.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014: "translation provider threw exception" error

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »