Increase comment font size in Studio 2019?
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 22, 2022

Is there any way to increase the comment font size in Studio 2019? If not as a GUI option, then maybe in some text/XML config file?

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:45
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
Not possible Jan 26, 2022

As far as I am aware, the best you can do is copy the text from the comment to notepad. If you are doing this a lot you could write a simple autohotkey script to do this with one keystroke.
Or change your screen magnification while working with comments.

[Edited at 2022-01-26 20:54 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:45
English to Russian
Win+Plus / Win+Minus Jan 26, 2022

to zoom in / zoom out

Elena Feriani

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everybody Jan 29, 2022

Thank you James and Stepan. Unfortunately, neither of the workarounds really does what I need. Looks like I'll have to keep commenting in the segment text.

This is one of the things that Studio developers should have improved long ago. I updated to Studio 2019 but it's unlikely that I'll buy a future version of Studio. (This problem is not, of course, the sole reason.)

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:45
English to Russian
The idea was not widely supported Jan 30, 2022

This idea was published on SDL Ideation site over 4 years ago but only few people voted for it. Probably this is why they don't have it in their development pipeline (unfortunately). But as far as I know, other tools like memoQ or Memsource don't have this adjustment either.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Increase comment font size in Studio 2019?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »