Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Гонконг
Local time: 12:54
Член ProZ.com
китайский => английский
+ ...
Nov 30, 2014

This is for a private venture.

1. I'm looking for a comprehensive (English to) Chinese music dictionary, preferably in Traditional Chinese, including common and not-so-common English, Italian, German, French and Latin terms.

2. I'm looking for reference materials for Catholic text translations into Chinese. This includes biblical texts as well as a variety of liturgical/sacred texts such as Marian chants and basically the entirety of the Liber usualis, am
... See more

1. I'm looking for a comprehensive (English to) Chinese music dictionary, preferably in Traditional Chinese, including common and not-so-common English, Italian, German, French and Latin terms.

2. I'm looking for reference materials for Catholic text translations into Chinese. This includes biblical texts as well as a variety of liturgical/sacred texts such as Marian chants and basically the entirety of the Liber usualis, among others. The more official, the better, and official translations from the Catholic church are best. As an example, I am staring at "Deus Creator omnium," "Veni redemptor gentium" and "Illuxit orbi" and I want to find official translations or at least popularly recognized translations for these.

Feel free to consider this a purely intellectual challenge - there is no money commited whatsoever, nor is there any urgency or even expectation of success.
Collapse

David Lin
David Lin  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 05:54
Член ProZ.com c 2013
английский => китайский
+ ...

Модератор данного форума
香港天主教聖神修院 Nov 30, 2014

Hi Lincoln,

Have you tried the online library of Holy Spirit Seminary College?

As you might know, 天主教聖神修院 is a very resourceful institution that has a good collection of Catholic books in Chinese, apart from its extremely calm and quiet ambiance on a lovely island Cheung Chau.

http://primoapac02.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?vid=HSS&tab=hss&

Guests can use its online book search via a joint library network as follow:

Easy Search is an online union catalogue shared by the members of EIN (Ecumenical Information Network) which currently consists of five theological libraries (Alliance Bible Seminary Library, China Graduate School of Theology Library, Evangel Seminary Library, Holy Spirit Seminary Library and Lutheran Theological Seminary Library).

Good luck!

David
Lincoln Hui wrote:

2. I'm looking for reference materials for Catholic text translations into Chinese. This includes biblical texts as well as a variety of liturgical/sacred texts such as Marian chants and basically the entirety of the Liber usualis, among others. The more official, the better, and official translations from the Catholic church are best. As an example, I am staring at "Deus Creator omnium," "Veni redemptor gentium" and "Illuxit orbi" and I want to find official translations or at least popularly recognized translations for these.

Feel free to consider this a purely intellectual challenge - there is no money commited whatsoever, nor is there any urgency or even expectation of success.

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Гонконг
Local time: 12:54
Член ProZ.com
китайский => английский
+ ...
Автор темы
Will take a look Dec 1, 2014

Thanks. Guess I'll have to pay a visit to Cheung Chau - the online search isn't all that useful. Not a short trip!

[Edited at 2014-12-01 04:29 GMT]

David Lin
David Lin  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 05:54
Член ProZ.com c 2013
английский => китайский
+ ...

Модератор данного форума
Call before setting off Dec 1, 2014

Lincoln,

Since it's far for you, I'd suggest you call them first before making the long trip. Just to make sure they've your stuff so you don't make an empty run.

I heard their staff are friendly and like most higher education teachers and scholars are willing to help those who're willing to learn.

David

Lincoln Hui wrote:

Thanks. Guess I'll have to pay a visit to Cheung Chau - the online search isn't all that useful. Not a short trip!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Rita Pang[Call to this topic]
David Lin[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need music dictionary and Catholic/Christian glossaries

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »