experimental research on translation motivation
Thread poster: junyi mao
junyi mao
junyi mao
United Kingdom
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jun 23, 2022

I am a Ph.D. student in translation studies from Durham University whose research topic concerns Chinese-English/English-Chinese translators' work motivation and how motivation influences translation performance. This project involves online surveys (via wenjuanxing), interviews, and onsite experiments with eye trackers (ideally in Durham). If you have any interest in partaking in my research, ple... See more
I am a Ph.D. student in translation studies from Durham University whose research topic concerns Chinese-English/English-Chinese translators' work motivation and how motivation influences translation performance. This project involves online surveys (via wenjuanxing), interviews, and onsite experiments with eye trackers (ideally in Durham). If you have any interest in partaking in my research, please contact me on WeChat 15167572637 or email [email protected] for details. I am now testing the validity and reliability of the translation preference inventory, which you can help with by filling this scale of 30 single options (link for the questionnaire https://www.wjx.cn/vm/emoqOuP.aspx). Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Junji/ Jenny Mao
Collapse

junyi mao
junyi mao
United Kingdom
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
revised link for the questionnaire Jun 26, 2022

https://www.wjx.cn/vm/emoqOuP.aspx

Rita Pang
Rita Pang  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:48
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Addendum Jun 26, 2022

Hi all,

Please note that this forum does welcome and would support research in the industry, especially if it's for a colleague's research. That being said, I'd like to have the OP clarify a few things, or edit the original post based on the following queries, if possible:

- Could you please provide a link to your current study - faculty, department etc? I am sure people would like to know exactly which department/even reporting professor whose research they are contrib
... See more
Hi all,

Please note that this forum does welcome and would support research in the industry, especially if it's for a colleague's research. That being said, I'd like to have the OP clarify a few things, or edit the original post based on the following queries, if possible:

- Could you please provide a link to your current study - faculty, department etc? I am sure people would like to know exactly which department/even reporting professor whose research they are contributing to, before they commit to a survey. These are information that should be disclosed to survey participants, even if briefly.

- Is there any reason why your survey is hosted on a Chinese website even though your research is with Durham University? I'll be frank, I'd much rather answer to a survey monkey generated Q&A form rather than a form hosted on a Chinese server. This is of course my personal opinion, but perhaps simply a quick explainer on that may prompt more responses, especially from people not currently located in a Chinese jurisdiction. Even though no personal info is collected, clarity is key and arguably motivation to participate in online questionnaires.

- Could you please indicate the closing date of this survey clearly on your web form or on this post, and if possible, provide an update to let potential participants know how the info will be used or towards which study in particular (this circles back to point #1)?

Thank you for your attention, best of luck with your research.
Collapse

Renquan Yang
Renquan Yang  Identity Verified
China
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Deja vu Jul 5, 2022

这个帖子的主题让我想起以前在这里看到的一个招聘帖。搞不好就是同一个课题组出来的分包活儿。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

experimental research on translation motivation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »