Thread poster: Aurélie André
Aurélie André
Aurélie André
Local time: 10:26
English to French
+ ...
Jul 17, 2015

Bonjour,
Mon client m'a demandé de traduire son site web et d'intégrer la traduction à partir du backend du site créé sur Wordpress.
Comment faire pour intégrer ma traduction, dont une très grande partie de répétitions, sur le site?
Mon client me propose de faire un copier coller de ma traduction directement dans le back end, mais cela va me prendre du temps et lui couter cher.
Existe-il un autre moyen? Peut-on passer par WPLM dans ce cas-là? Merci par avance
... See more
Bonjour,
Mon client m'a demandé de traduire son site web et d'intégrer la traduction à partir du backend du site créé sur Wordpress.
Comment faire pour intégrer ma traduction, dont une très grande partie de répétitions, sur le site?
Mon client me propose de faire un copier coller de ma traduction directement dans le back end, mais cela va me prendre du temps et lui couter cher.
Existe-il un autre moyen? Peut-on passer par WPLM dans ce cas-là? Merci par avance de votre aide!
Cordialement,
Aurélie A.
Collapse

Laureana Pavon
Laureana Pavon  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 05:26
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...

This forum's designated language Jul 17, 2015

Hi Aurélie,
Using this forum's designated language (English) will help you get more replies to your question.

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:26
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
What format? Jul 17, 2015

Aurélie André wrote:
Existe-il un autre moyen? Peut-on passer par WPLM dans ce cas-là?

I'm not sure we have enough information to be able to help. Are you receiving (say) html files containing the various Wordpress pages and posts to translate, or just the text? And when you say copy and paste, do you mean pasting literally each string of translated text into the files?

When I update a Wordpress site I usually edit the html file/s locally and then copy the completed file by FTP into a specific folder on the web site when I have finished editing. That sort of thing takes seconds per file - or am I completely misunderstanding you?

Regards
Dan

Aurélie André
Aurélie André
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More details Jul 17, 2015

My Client is a private company and I am also in contact with their website manager and editor.
I asked them for files in the format they prefered as the easiest way to export from the website, translate, then import into the website but the website manager could only tell me to print screenshots from the website and put the translation next to it(!). So I dropped it. I tried to export xml files from wordpress but it was too heavy for my CAT tool and with too many tags.
Then after I
... See more
My Client is a private company and I am also in contact with their website manager and editor.
I asked them for files in the format they prefered as the easiest way to export from the website, translate, then import into the website but the website manager could only tell me to print screenshots from the website and put the translation next to it(!). So I dropped it. I tried to export xml files from wordpress but it was too heavy for my CAT tool and with too many tags.
Then after I asked for a complete file with all the content of the website for quoting, they provided me with a word file.
I translated this word file and when I got back to them they told me to copy and paste the text translated instead of the original text in the back end of the website in Wordpress.
It would'nt be the end of the world if there weren't at least 50 descriptions of their very similar products and if I had the right font and correct bolded words from the word document.

Dan, you say you have access to FTP with the html files, I think this would be easier for me if I could do like this but unfortunately I have no access to any FTP. I will ask my client anyway, maybe for next time it will be easier that way!

Thanks for your help!
Collapse

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
Réservé aux amateurs éclairés Jul 18, 2015

Localiser un site ne s'improvise pas, mais est nettement plus simple à réaliser avec un site créé sous WordPress qu'avec d'autres supports.

Il existe en effet une option dans les outils d'administration de WP permettant d'exporter tout ou partie d'un site. Cela se trouve sous Outils > Exporter ... Lancer l'export... Tout le contenu... télécharger le fichier d'export...

Ce dernier est un fichier XML que vous pouvez traiter hors ligne tranquillement chez vous avec l
... See more
Localiser un site ne s'improvise pas, mais est nettement plus simple à réaliser avec un site créé sous WordPress qu'avec d'autres supports.

Il existe en effet une option dans les outils d'administration de WP permettant d'exporter tout ou partie d'un site. Cela se trouve sous Outils > Exporter ... Lancer l'export... Tout le contenu... télécharger le fichier d'export...

Ce dernier est un fichier XML que vous pouvez traiter hors ligne tranquillement chez vous avec les outils de votre choix (pas idiot d'utiliser un outil de TAO s'il y a effectivement beaucoup de répétitions).

Restera ensuite à exporter ce nouveau contenu (localisé) chez l'hébergeur du site WordPress. Cela se fait aussi simplement avec l'option Importer des Outils.

L'export et l'import sont cependant des tâches dont l'administrateur a les droits (quelqu'un chez votre client). C'est ce dernier qui devrait vous fournir le fichier XML (ou tout autre support texte s'il préfère travailler autrement).

Votre client semblant tout ignorer de ce genre de chose, je ne traiterais pas plus loin avec lui à moins d'être en mesure de lui expliquer ce qu'il doit faire ou de vous substituer à lui en devenant, pour cette mission de localisation, administrateur du site.

Ce que Dan commente avec FTP est une procédure qui ne passe pas par la case Importer de WP. Une fois les fichiers traduits, il convient de les expédier dans un dossier prévu à cet effet chez l'hébergeur du site. Là aussi, c'est le client qui organise la chose et vous donne notamment les codes d'accès au serveur.

Il existe bien des clients FTP, mais je ne saurais que conseiller FileZilla : https://filezilla-project.org/

Du copier-coller pourrait s'envisager pour des choses ultra légères et sans fioritures (genre liens et autres joyeusetés), mais cela ne tient pas la route bien longtemps.

Très bonne continuation !

[Modifié le 2015-07-18 17:05 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Traduire un site créé sur Wordpress

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »